• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

College Football 2014

Navy

Va Tech

Kent State

Cinci

@ Maryland

Rutgers

@ Penn State

Illinois

@ Michigan State

@ Minnesota

Indiana

Michigan

C'mon Tank.  Four true road games.  How bad could it honestly get?  Even without Miller, there is no way they will go worse than 10-2.  That schedule is terrible.  

The success and credibility for the B1G rests with Wisconsin and Michigan State when those teams face Oregon and LSU.  If you guys lose those games, I think they B1G will get left out and then all hell will break loose that the B1G isn't going to get any of the $$$$$$$$

i agree

No argument here. LSU and Georgia were down, Florida was pitiful, Tennessee still rebuilding, ditto Kentucky, big dropoff at Vanderbilt with Franklin going to Penn State. Alabama was good but not as good, Ole Miss was a contender until their best receiver broke his leg in the Auburn game (on a play that had he taken one more step, would have been the winning touchdown). They were still inconsistent. Auburn ran out of miracles, Texas A&M had no defense, Missouri had no offense. About the only team in the league that was much better than they were the year before is Mississippi State.

Georgia went 10-3 and finished #9 in the AP rankings

Missouri went 11-3 and finished the season being ranked #14

couldn't agree more, vegas. i think this year's playoffs really validated the idea and gave us the two best teams in the championship game.

If nothing else, Ohio State showed that they were much better than the national perception - which was that their record was largely a product of a weak league. The Big Ten is still weak overall, but the Buckeyes are pretty damned good.

Georgia went 10-3 and finished #9 in the AP rankings

Missouri went 11-3 and finished the season being ranked #14

Missouri was shut out at home by Georgia, and Florida beat Georgia handily doing little but running up the middle. Before you read too much into either of those records, both played the other five teams in the SEC East, who pretty much sucked.

but you can do that with any other team you think may have

deserved to be ranked higher.  

there's always a " Team A lost to Team B, who lost to Team C, and barely beat Team D"

Oregon lost to Arizona, who was beat by UCLA.  Utah beat UCLA but lost to Washington State.

Oregon stinks.

If nothing else, Ohio State showed that they were much better than the national perception - which was that their record was largely a product of a weak league. The Big Ten is still weak overall, but the Buckeyes are pretty damned good.

their schedule got tougher as the season wore on, and that's when they were at their best. their last three games - big 10 championship, sugar bowl, and the championship game - were played brilliantly against very tough competition. it should end any arguments about them.

but you can do that with any other team you think may have

deserved to be ranked higher.  

there's always a " Team A lost to Team B, who lost to Team C, and barely beat Team D"

Oregon lost to Arizona, who was beat by UCLA.  Utah beat UCLA but lost to Washington State.

Oregon stinks.

There was more to it than that, though. I'm not trying to cherry pick games in order to prove a point, but it does speak to the larger issue that neither Georgia nor Missouri was that good. The SEC East pretty much sucked as a whole, and Georgia and Missouri feasted on it. They were the best in a weak division. Missouri smoked Florida - and had less than 120 yards of total offense.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Congrats Tank and tOSU fans. We got our asses kicked last night. I really disliked our passive scheming on defense. If ever there was a time to blitz heavily it would be against someone making his third start. Instead, we rushed 3 all night and refused to bring our safeties up despite them gashing us for 9 rushing yards per play. As to those who say Oregon is soft, I completely disagree, our 3 down lineman were double teamed all night to tire them out by the second half, and our linebackers are just really bad for a playoff team. Credit to tOSU and Meyer completely out coached us (which isn't surprising), and disappointing performances from both our offense and defense. 

Still, I am very proud of what Oregon accomplished this year. We went 3-1 against the Top 10 and won the Pac-12 conference and the Rose Bowl (for only the second time in our history). Not to mention, we have the first Heisman trophy winner in program history. We also finish in the top 10 for the 5th consecutive season and 6th time in the past 7 seasons (we finished #11 the other time). We also finished ranked 2nd for the third time since the millennium. It is amazing how far this program has come with no tradition to be among the elite in college football. We just can't seem to ever get to it's highest spot.

There was more to it than that, though. I'm not trying to cherry pick games in order to prove a point, but it does speak to the larger issue that neither Georgia nor Missouri was that good. The SEC East pretty much sucked as a whole, and Georgia and Missouri feasted on it. They were the best in a weak division. Missouri smoked Florida - and had less than 120 yards of total offense.

again, games like that happen all the time. Team A outgains Team B by 100+ yards and still loses.

ok, which teams ranked lower than Georgia deserved to be ranked in the top 10?

• 2 years later...
On October 25, 2014 at 8:00 PM, RallyMo said:

Texas A&M wusses out of their scheduled Oregon series.

Chickensh*t.

On October 25, 2014 at 8:03 PM, nate said:

SEC!

On October 25, 2014 at 8:20 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

They are picking up Clemson instead. Not sure what the reasoning is.

i agree