• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

College Football 2014

It got a little wild yesterday with Florida State almost losing to unranked Miami. Then #1 Mississippi St loses to #5 Alabama, which isn't an upset in terms of where the teams are ranked but more of how you sort out the pack.

6th ranked Arizona State shoots itself in the foot losing to an unranked Oregon State while Georgia at 15 crushes #9 Auburn. LSU and Notre Dame can both go kick rocks and join the rest of the unranked 7 win teams in the nation.

Who did Georgia Tech piss off to be ranked 22nd and have a 9-2 record?

Edited by notti

It got a little wild yesterday with Florida State almost losing to unranked Miami. Then #1 Mississippi loses to #5 Alabama, which isn't an upset in terms of where the teams are ranked but more of how you sort out the pack.

6th ranked Arizona State shoots itself in the foot losing to an unranked Oregon while Georgia at 15 crushes #9 Auburn. LSU and Norte Dame can both go kick rocks and join the rest of the unranked 7 win teams in the nation.

Who did Georgia Tech piss off to be ranked 22nd and have a 9-2 record?

shall we count the errors in this post? 

GGWU (ASU) gives up tons of first half rushing yardage, and then tons of second half passing yardage.

I guess the UCLA game aberration wasn't a total one? 

Oregon is licking its' chops, awaiting the PAC-South winner, or what's left of it after this crazy scrum of a race is resolved. 

Alabama is pretty much there in the semis, even if they lose the SEC title game somehow.

Miss St. is still in decent shape, but has to win out to make sure.

Free Shoes U. has a cakewalk to the semis.

TCU may regret that clunker of a win against a mediocre Kansas team, having to rally from a large deficit to win.

Not for this season, but for maybe next season, don't go to sleep on Missouri.   That is a young team playing really well now, ranked 18th.

Instead of changing my top 4 every week like this committee is doing, I'm just going to go ahead and project.

1. Bama

2. Oregon

3. Baylor

4. Ohio St.

I think Bama and Oregon win out. I think committee decides Baylor beating TCU will matter after schedules have been played. I think Ohio St. wins out and gets in when FSU loses in the ACC championship game.

Record against current top 25 teams (AP poll):

Alabama 1-1

Oregon 3-1

FSU 0-0 (yes, that's right, they have played nobody currently ranked in the top 25)

Miss St. 1-1

TCU 2-1

Ohio St. 1-0

Baylor 2-0

*Alabama, Miss. St., and Ole Miss (the 3 highest ranked SEC teams) have a combined 3 wins against the top 25. Oregon has 3 by themselves.

*The SEC currently has the highest ranked 1 loss, 2 loss, and 3 loss teams.

*Baylor still ranked behind TCU despite beating them.

*Arkansas, who had lost 17 consecutive conference games, is currently 5-5 with their best OOC win against Texas Tech, received two votes in the AP poll.

*Ole Miss went from being ranked #4 to #8 in a timeframe where they lost twice, had a bye week, and beat Presbyterian College.

*Fu*k the SEC

Remember when Lane Kiffin told Kylie Fitts to wait and enroll in summer instead of winter classes because usc wanted Leon mcquay to enroll in winter instead he was crucified for it in the media and locally lol

Where's the firestorm for dan Mullen. Pulling a kids scholarship and asking him to wait a whole year to enroll

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4627192-mississippi-state-recruit-quarterback-scholarship-greyshirt-chason-virgil-dan-mullen?modid=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Lol only at usc.

Here's the fitts backlash

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/dr-saturday/recruit-decommits-usc-lane-kiffin-pulls-scholarship-three-165651928--ncaaf.html

Fitts ended up being soft and hated competition so he left ucla for utah. Blessing in disguise for both programs iyam

Edited by nando714

Nebraska fires Bo Pelini

Only a matter time before Hoke is on the outs at michigan

Some people point to the fact that Pelini's worst season was 9-4. That record was largely padded. He was 25-24 in games against teams with winning records. Wisconsin handed them their asses, and blowing a lead and losing at home to Minnesota may have been the final straw. When they played UCLA in Lincoln they started out like they were going to run the Bruins out of the stadium, then they folded in the second half. Not what Husker fans are used to seeing.

what to do with Ohio State?

i think the committee may keep them out since they're 

down to their #3 qb

yep, it's a tough situation. good enough to get into the playoff, but not likely to win with whoever the new QB is going to be.

if i hadn't had surgery, i might have enrolled. i still have my eligibility.