• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

what are you reading lately?

Humble Bundle is out with their latest

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

In essence you pay what you want for the bundle and it includes up to 12 books. Average donations is around $10 for the bundle, which gets you every book. Includes some interesting selections, including American Gods from Neil Gaman. Definitely a deal to look at if you are the type who likes to try out new authors, and this definitely is more of a sci-fi/fantasy collection.

They also have game bundles.

A portion of the proceeds goes to Charity.

• 3 weeks later...

Wife is definitely not happy with the expense since it kinda took me by surprise, but I got a little bit of a head start because I bought an existing system from someone that wanted out of the hobby. In hindsight, I should've done more research because a lot of his equipment is on the lower end that I'm soon upgrading.

Yeah, when it starts costing 800 bucks for a lighting rig the wife isn't happy, lol.

I made the mistake of getting a bowfront.  While they are nice for presentation, they are really annoying to work with.

It is all about having a good sump pump and sump setup.  We also bought one of those heavy duty RO water systems and a 50 gallon drum so we had our own purified water.  Made life so much easier.

Oh yeah and a chiller to keep the water temp down from the 500 watt light bulbs.

And be patient, don't over stock.

Edited by nate

LED lights are the new thing now and a nice setup isn't any cheaper. RO system is next on the docket. Getting tired of lugging 5 gal jugs around. Then a new protein skimmer/filter, led lighting, larger sump, new return pump, etc. etc.

A lot of people are removing their chiller and just installing a little clip on fan to blow across the surface or over the sump since LEDs give off very little heat.

Edited by AngelArcher

Yeah, when I was doing it the LED setups were just as expensive and still couldn't quite do what the MH lights could do.  I think the setup I had was two 400 watt MH bulbs and then two rows of LED lights.

I had a couple clams and hard corals so the lighting needs were high.

• 1 month later...

Didn't someone mention the Stormlight Series by Brandon Sanderson was a great fantasy series?

Book #1 is available as an Amazon Kindle download...for free. Not sure if this is for a limited time, or as a teaser to get people reading the series. The other book in the series seem to be in the normal $10 range.

Just picked up the book VJ, about the original video jockeys in the early days of MTV, back when the M stood for music instead of moronic.Used to watch these guys for hours. Have read about the first ten pages, seems like a decent read. Shame that J. J. Jackson isn't still around to get his take on things.

It being October, I've been reading some Clive Barker. Specifically about to finish The Hellbound Heart and also been reading some stories from his Books of Blood series.

I read The Great and Secret Show during my senior year of high school. Hands down, one of the trippiest books I've ever read. Still remember a lot of it. It's stuck with me more than 90% of books that I've read over the years. Quiddity - the Dream Sea. The Dead Letter Office. A bunch of cool stuff in that book. 

Edited by Ray McKigney

Just picked up the book VJ, about the original video jockeys in the early days of MTV, back when the M stood for music instead of moronic.Used to watch these guys for hours. Have read about the first ten pages, seems like a decent read. Shame that J. J. Jackson isn't still around to get his take on things.

I read that one a couple of months back.  It's really good!  Especially if you grew up during that time period.