• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

what are you reading lately?

For those of you Kindle/Sci-fi folks...the first book in James S.A. Corey's Expanse series is available today for $1.99.

Leviathan Wakes, soon to be a SyFy Mini Series as well. The first book is a nice start to a nice Space Opera style of series.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047Y171G/ref=amb_link_432253122_11?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0XXGDA180PNSQSJ95530&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=2086346042&pf_rd_i=1000677541

For those of you Kindle/Sci-fi folks...the first book in James S.A. Corey's Expanse series is available today for $1.99.

Leviathan Wakes, soon to be a SyFy Mini Series as well. The first book is a nice start to a nice Space Opera style of series.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047Y171G/ref=amb_link_432253122_11?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0XXGDA180PNSQSJ95530&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=2086346042&pf_rd_i=1000677541

I download the sample and got hooked. The price has gone up however. The good news was that I had plenty of time to read during my 2 hour mechanical delay at the American Eagle gate in DFW.

Thanks for the recommendation.

this thread has taught me that there's a genre called space opera. i'm guessing it's not about spacemen who sing, though who knows.

Space Opera is really just soap opera...but they add rockets, aliens, and explosions so geeks feel manly and shit.

started reading "the best of the last", which is a collection of the best articles jim murray wrote as his career was winding down. it's terrific. every time i read one of his columns, i kick myself for not having read them while he was alive and writing several every week. what a gifted writer he was.

Finished this last week.

Overall 4/5

I don't think the end was as strong as the rest of the book.

It was interesting to learn that this is a pen name for 2 writers, 1 of them is an assistant to George R. R. Martin.

started reading "the best of the last", which is a collection of the best articles jim murray wrote as his career was winding down. it's terrific. every time i read one of his columns, i kick myself for not having read them while he was alive and writing several every week. what a gifted writer he was.

I'm a huge Jim Murray fan.  He was simply the best

His article when he was losing his sight in his "good" eye was about the best column i've ever read.

My 12 year old daughter didn't really start speaking English until age 6 and she wanted to read The Fault In Our Stars so I'm reading it with her. Quite depressing. I'm also trying to read Zealot which is also quite depressing.

What did you think of Zealot?

I cannot stand Reza Aslan, but I've been curious about this book.

Finished this last week.

Overall 4/5

I don't think the end was as strong as the rest of the book.

It was interesting to learn that this is a pen name for 2 writers, 1 of them is an assistant to George R. R. Martin.

I would agree...if you enjoyed it I would recommend picking up the rest of the series.

Another Space Opera Series...Old Man's War by John Scalzi (the first book in the series) is available for $2.99 this week for Amazon Kindle. One of my favorite series created in the last few years.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SEIK2S/ref=s9_al_bw_g351_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=0V1B88WE943F60N5FTQZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2090060062&pf_rd_i=154606011