• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Could CJ be working his way o/o rotation

ghoetke

The only way he is out of the rotation is if he is injured. They'll sacrifice wins to keep him in there and it's not like they have a choice.

yes, because they've been giving such long leashes this year. there are only so many players on a team. eventually, the team is going to have to either do it or not on their own. i still think the angels are going to make a waiver wire trade for a SP. i'm going to say bartolo, and it will usher in the new era of halothunder.

Three or four more starts and losses could put us in an untenable position for the division title.

If he starts the rest of the year and loses a bunch of games, then it's time to fire some management.

Whats the other option? With skaggs out, were already short a starter even with both shoe and santiago both starting. Who do we replace him with, randy wolf?

Perspective changes everything. Three days ago we had five solid young SP and a potential #2 SP on his way back. Now we're down to five and our #2 might be done leaving us with 4.

Angels better keep watching the August waiver wire for starting pitching. Wilson could be headed back to the bullpen before long.

@str8edgeracer will never be removed because Scioscia never benches Millionaires unless they do something wrong or there's a replacement that is FAR superior -

Rememeber - Scioscia started and played:

Steve Finley

Vernon Wells

Albert Puljos batting 3rd!

Josh Hamilton is CLEAN UP....

for example...

We have all these awesome suggestions about moving Albert and Hamilton from their spots in the line up, but as Oz said a couple days ago, it's not like we have these amazing hitters that should be in the spots that are further down in the lineup. I'm sure we would all be pumped having Kendrick batting second, third or fourth.

@str8edgeracer will never be removed because Scioscia never benches Millionaires unless they do something wrong or there's a replacement that is FAR superior -

Rememeber - Scioscia started and played:

Steve Finley

Vernon Wells

Albert Puljos batting 3rd!

Josh Hamilton is CLEAN UP....

for example...

Yes, Scioscia started and played all of those guys. Both Finley and Wells were benched for not showing any production, like Ibanez, Hillenbrand and even Appier who all three were released.

I'm not a reactive person--if you view my prior posts, I've never been a fan of CJ Wilson.  Regardless of how much he's getting paid, I do not believe the Angels will keep running him out if he continues to get the snot beaten out of him.  He's been awful for at least the past 6 starts.  I can't recall the last start he had when he lasted more then 4 innings.  That puts a terrible burden on the relief corp.  My thinking is, unless his next start is good (i.e. 6 plus innings with 3 or less runs), he's out of the rotation--whether or not Skaggs is back.  The Angels will go to plan B--whatever that is.  You just can't keep sending CJ out there if he is only giving 4 or 5 innings.  Not when you are are trying to win the division.    

Perspective changes everything. Three days ago we had five solid young SP and a potential #2 SP on his way back. Now we're down to five and our #2 might be done leaving us with 4.

Angels better keep watching the August waiver wire for starting pitching. Wilson could be headed back to the bullpen before long.

Wow, was anyone that optimistic about our rotation? I've been stating for 2 months that we need another pitcher.

However, at this point it doesn't matter. Richards or Weaver will pitch in the wildcard game. Unless Arte eats money, and not prospects, I wouldn't make a waiver deal in August.

Slim odds at catching Oakland most likely.