• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols' Baserunning Effort

Chuck

I would rather have had Pujols up there than what was on the bench.  If he says he can hit and get to first then you have to be playing doctor to say he couldn't.

No, not playing doctor. Having an opinion after what I just witnessed, and heard from the player, Yes.

Me personally, I wouldn't even have asked him if he was OK. 

I believe this was a case of laziness (age-appropriate, as it were) and a medical condition.

First he slowed down when he thought the ball wasn't coming to 2nd. That's no different than him slowing down on a routine grounder, which he and a lot of older guys do all the time. Call that laziness or lack of hustle but he does it all the time. He admitted he should have run through the bag.

No, Bryce Harper is the only one who doesn't run things out

I didn't see if he was in the lineup today before the rainout - the way I see it is this - he shouldn't be in the lineup for one of two reasons

A) he had a swollen gland and CANT RUN therefore unless he homers he is out - needs to see a doctor and or rest up

b ) he isn't injured and made a lazy move that ultimately could have cost the game ( Aybar would have had a 2 run hr would have been tied at 5 and gone to extras) and needs to be sat to teach a little lesson in hustle

Edited by vlad27

Adjustment

home sick

marine layer

calf

knee

hamstring

plantar fascitiis

back spasms

swollen lymph gland

And all this is during the "good" part of his contract.

There's no doubt that I'll be a full-time first baseman next year. Albert Pujols 2013

You forgot the unfortunate incident with Scott.

I still don't understand how, if the swollen node prevented him from properly running the bases in one AB, he was OK for his next AB with more potential baserunning. Does it randomly flare up and go away?

occasionally my groin swells when I dont want it to. And then I just think about baseball until it stops.

Not sure if albert can do the same though.

these are the common reasons to have lymphadenopathy of the groin:

Infections of the leg or foot, STDs (e.g., herpes simplex virus, gonococcal infection, syphilis, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, lymphogranuloma venereum), lymphoma, pelvic malignancy, bubonic plague

most of these aren't good or are going to have an interesting explanation.  Honestly, there aren't any things that cause golf ball sized masses in the groin that are going to be easily explainable.  As you can see from the above list, the overwhelmingly most common thing is an STD.  

Not jumping to any conclusions at this point, but this is curious. 

Side note:  I hate that I'm in the position of defending Pujols.  He's been nothing short of awful this season.  Bad baserunning, bad hitting, average fielding at best.  I just think this criticism is silly and just another way to blame Sosh for things that aren't his doing.

Call him out for his silly lineups and predisposition to favor vets all you want but this isn't on him it is on the man who didn't hustle into second base, the same man who said he was fine to hit.

I don't blame Scioscia for Pujols at all. This is all on Albert. He can't hit, and is too stupid to realize he can't run. He's been playing at below replacement level the last 2 months. This is not good at all. We're getting the kind of production we thought we'd be getting years 8-10 in year 3. 

Think about this guy in 4 years...scary.

But yeah, this isn't on Sosh at all. All the blame goes square on Albert's shoulders for his lack of performance and discipline

these are the common reasons to have lymphadenopathy of the groin:

Infections of the leg or foot, STDs (e.g., herpes simplex virus, gonococcal infection, syphilis, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, lymphogranuloma venereum), lymphoma, pelvic malignancy, bubonic plague

Is bubunonic plague commonly known as Reagins disease? Uh oh.

When I was in high school the moment my friend turned 18 he was legally able to write his own absence notes to the office.

Tim was out yesterday due to a case of the Bubonic Plague.

Signed,

Tim

The office clerk got a chuckle out of it the first time but took a dim view of Whooping Cough, Diphtheria, Shingles and Projectile Vomiting. The last one wasn't a lie, he got drunk off his ass the night before and spent the morning praying to the porcelain god.

Lost track of him, he must be working for Pujols these days on his sick day excuses.

According to people here Albert was 18 as a 6th grader so he wrote his notes from middle school on.

Nah, it's well documented that he was in the DR until he came here for high school. If you're going to be talk down on half the board, then at least get the facts straight

I don't blame Scioscia for Pujols at all. This is all on Albert. He can't hit, and is too stupid to realize he can't run. He's been playing at below replacement level the last 2 months. This is not good at all. We're getting the kind of production we thought we'd be getting years 8-10 in year 3. 

Think about this guy in 4 years...scary.

But yeah, this isn't on Sosh at all. All the blame goes square on Albert's shoulders for his lack of performance and discipline

uh, no

what IS on Scioscia is the unfailing placement of Pujols at 3rd in the lineup, right behind Trout 

beyond being a 250M hole in the lineup, helping put the best player in baseball near the top of MLB in BBs

uh, no

what IS on Scioscia is the unfailing placement of Pujols at 3rd in the lineup, right behind Trout 

beyond being a 250M hole in the lineup, helping put the best player in baseball near the top of MLB in BBs

I agree. It's on Scioscia that he's hitting 3rd. It's not on Scioscia that Pujols' performance and effort is just awful