• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols' Baserunning Effort

Chuck

So Scioscia knew he was hobbled, but still insisted on batting him 3rd?

Glad it's only gonna be happening for 7 1/2 more years.

No, he'll be batting third for only 4 1/2 more years. That's when Scioscia's contract finally expires. The next manager will undoubtedly have more sense and knock him down three or four spots, if he's even able to play by then.

there are no 'glands' in the pelvis or groin.  There are lymph nodes.  And if they are swollen, that is pretty odd.  Infection and tumors cause swollen lymph nodes.  Not musculoskeletal pain or wear and tear.  

I am gonna wait to thrash him because this is odd and makes me a little nervous.  

there are no 'glands' in the pelvis or groin.  There are lymph nodes.  And if they are swollen, that is pretty odd.  Infection and tumors cause swollen lymph nodes.  Not musculoskeletal pain or wear and tear.  

I am gonna wait to thrash him because this is odd and makes me a little nervous.  

With all due respect to Mr Pujols and what he once meant to the game of baseball in STL...

And as long as this isn't life threatening...

I'm OK with him taking a few months off to get it thoroughly checked out just to make sure it's nothing serious..

Surely Mike Scioscia is consulting with team doctors before letting Pujols play with groin pain, right? 

Or is he?

He has had nothing in 2 1/2 years but excuses and poor production.

Sorry, but that is a fact. Once he got # 500 this year, he's been pretty bad at the plate.

And while he has been good there this season, let's admit 1st base isn't a tough position.

If he would agree to drop down in the lineup and DH, he might have a place on this baseball team.

If he started concentrating on hitting, and getting a 'tude about punishing pitchers, I could see him with an Ortiz-like resurgence to his career...

Right now, and for the last 2 1/2 seasons, he is dead weight and he is holding the team hostage with his limp bat.

Dipoto can't DFA or trade him like he has with other dead weight players.

Pujols is bringing the team down. There are no two ways or arguments about it, it's happening every day.

At some point he needs to man up and do what is best for the team. He is going to get his paychecks no matter what.

It's time for HIM to do the right thing...Nobody will force him to do that, Scioscia obviously can't, he can't even move him in the batting order.

It's up to Albert Pujols to be a real man...I really hope he prays about it, and finds that he has it in him to be one.

Surely Mike Scioscia is consulting with team doctors before letting Pujols play with groin pain, right? 

Or is he?

You would think that the Angels doctors would have checked on the health condition of their biggest investment on Wednesday? Thursday? Friday (he started at first base)? Saturday? Sunday morning?  Did he even report the issue? I think I remember reading that he had knee surgery in St Louis without reporting it.  

i shrug my shoulders at pujols now. it is what it is. i hope for the best for the angels sake, but i'm not really an albert pujols fan anymore. i'm sure it's his lack of production that causes most of that disinterest, but all of his "look at my numbers" comments have really left a bad taste in my mouth.

You would think that the Angels doctors would have checked on the health condition of their biggest investment on Wednesday? Thursday? Friday (he started at first base)? Saturday? Sunday morning?  Did he even report the issue? I think I remember reading that he had knee surgery in St Louis without reporting it.  

Albert, from everything he says, is about Albert and Albert's "numbers"

"Hitters like Cabrera and Trout and me, we can get our numbers in 3 months"

He is totally delusional and nobody in this clubhouse can stand up to him.

It's bad.

Edited by Homebrewer

Albert, from everything he says, is about Albert and Albert's "numbers"

"Hitters like Cabrera and Trout and me, we can get our numbers in 3 months"

He is totally delusional and nobody in this clubhouse can stand up to him.

It's bad.

Let's take a look at those numbers from 2012-date and tell me which one doesn't belong:

Trout .......  .322/ .414/ .570 ..... 92SB / 75HR / 291R / 239RBI ..... 25.8 fWAR

Cabrera ..  .334/ .407/ .604 ..... 7SB / 101HR / 258R / 340RBI ..... 17.3 fWAR

Pujols .....  .271/ .333/ .482 ..... 12SB/ 63HR / 178R / 218RBI ...... 5.6 fWAR

And just for kicks, 2014 stats with the bases loaded:

Cabrera .. 2-6, 1BB,  5RBI

Trout ....... 3-4, 2BB, 9RBI

Pujols ..... 0-12

Edited by ScottLux

Let's take a look at those numbers from 2012-date and tell me which one doesn't belong:

Trout .......  .322/ .414/ .570 ..... 92SB / 75HR / 291R / 239RBI ..... 25.8 fWAR

Pujols ..... 0-12

Yet Scioscia continues to bat him 3rd

Edited by Homebrewer

He has had nothing in 2 1/2 years but excuses and poor production.

Sorry, but that is a fact. Once he got # 500 this year, he's been pretty bad at the plate.

And while he has been good there this season, let's admit 1st base isn't a tough position.

If he would agree to drop down in the lineup and DH, he might have a place on this baseball team.

If he started concentrating on hitting, and getting a 'tude about punishing pitchers, I could see him with an Ortiz-like resurgence to his career...

Right now, and for the last 2 1/2 seasons, he is dead weight and he is holding the team hostage with his limp bat.

Dipoto can't DFA or trade him like he has with other dead weight players.

Pujols is bringing the team down. There are no two ways or arguments about it, it's happening every day.

At some point he needs to man up and do what is best for the team. He is going to get his paychecks no matter what.

It's time for HIM to do the right thing...Nobody will force him to do that, Scioscia obviously can't, he can't even move him in the batting order.

It's up to Albert Pujols to be a real man...I really hope he prays about it, and finds that he has it in him to be one.

Ummm....yeah, this!

Pujols ..... 0-12

B-b-b-but sacrifice fly!!!!

Pujols ..... 0-12

Miggy seems to be starting his decline early.

.897 OPS and 13 HRs after having a 1.078 OPS with 44 HRs last year.

This coming from a guy who can't run or play defense.

I'm sure he'll still get some MVP votes because RBIs

Edited by Poozy