• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols' Baserunning Effort

Chuck

4 1/2 more years in the 3-spot, baby!

2019 can't come soon enough for me.

Scioscia will never join Torri, Cox, and Larussa in the HOF. I once thought, back in 02-03 maybe he would, but he is orchestrating his own undoing by his stubbornness.

He could have, and should have, with the historic decade long 50 million contract he got, and the historically high paid players he has been given over the decade...

been a sure thing for the Hall...

He will go down as a Dusty Baker type, unable to embrace the new metrics oriented game, and clinging to his gut feelings and LR matchups, in the face of, and ignoring, stats.

It sucks watching him take MY TEAM down that tired, old, road with him...

But that's just my opinion

Miggy seems to be starting his decline early.

.897 OPS and 13 HRs after having a 1.078 OPS with 44 HRs last year.

This coming from a guy who can't run or play defense.

I'm sure he'll still get some MVP votes because of their team record and he has a lot of RBIs.

The Tigers were insane to give Cabrera such a long extension a few years before free agency. I doubt he would have made significantly more as a free agent even if he kept his numbers up. If his numbers continue to decline Tigers could be on the hook for a lot more than what it would have cost to extend him later.

Edited by ScottLux

At least they got rid of that awful fielder contract.

too bad there's no rangers to take pujols off our hands, salary included. AND give us a solid player, too.

nice trade texas

Couldn't happen to a nicer team or city.

I said, here, before the season, that Texas was due for a bad year...

Chuck agreed. We couldn't have predicted the disaster that has happened there.

I F'N LOVE IT!!!

The Pujols contract is worse now than when I relayed my sentiments this past season he was the Albertr*ss.

Lymph node swelling is often a symptom of a tumor (as indicated by others). This is beyond strange for a professional athlete.

Pujols is Mo Vaughn, the sequel... Yet 3x worse.

Perhaps we can trade Pujols to the Mets? They certainly need help.

The Pujols contract is worse now than when I relayed my sentiments this past season he was the Albertr*ss.

Lymph node swelling is often a symptom of a tumor (as indicated by others). This is beyond strange for a professional athlete.

by definition, he can only be an imposter mo vaughn

In all seriousness, though I was against the length of the contract, I dont think anyone could have seen this coming. Sure, last few years maybe. But pujols was as sure a bet as anyone to be a stud. He wasnt some 3 year wonder.

I figured we would be getting david ortiz. A guy who is still a beast into his late 30's.

I never believed it, but its really hard to just blow off the age stuff.

In all seriousness, though I was against the length of the contract, I dont think anyone could have seen this coming. Sure, last few years maybe. But pujols was as sure a bet as anyone to be a stud. He wasnt some 3 year wonder.

I figured we would be getting david ortiz. A guy who is still a beast into his late 30's.

I never believed it, but its really hard to just blow off the age stuff.

Maybe he'll put up a .985 OPS at age 39, like Babe Ruth did.

On the other hand...

His body is breaking down at a rapid rate over the last few seasons. His lower body just seems toast. Could be the effects of past steroid use, could be him being older than he actually is. Who knows, and unless we find something out, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

With that said and with what he can go off of though, dude is one extremely old 34 year old. He made Raul Ibanez look like a 24 year old athlete. He just looks so beat up constantly

Edited by bloodbrother

Than i expect him out of the lineup today. If it an injury sit him.

I wouldn't bench I would fine him. Benching hurts the whole team. Fining also shows a unified find from the franchise. If it's an inury...than sit him.

Yeah so umm Scioscia says its a groin issue not hustle with Pujols.

Hilarious

Alden GonzalezVerified account ‏@Alden_Gonzalez

After that sequence, Pujols took swings in the cage and told Scioscia he can hit. Only bothers him when he runs. #Angels

Jeff Fletcher ‏@JeffFletcherOCR

Albert Pujols invited me to feel his swollen gland. I declined. I'm going to take his word for this one. #Angels

Can't stop laughing at that one

swollen lypmph gl

swollen lymph nodes can be caused by a number of things including herpes and hiv.  who knows?

Edited by JarsOfClay

Can't wait for ten years and you guys say the same thing about Trout. That is assuming he is still here.

He has had nothing in 2 1/2 years but excuses and poor production.

Sorry, but that is a fact. Once he got # 500 this year, he's been pretty bad at the plate.

And while he has been good there this season, let's admit 1st base isn't a tough position.

If he would agree to drop down in the lineup and DH, he might have a place on this baseball team.

If he started concentrating on hitting, and getting a 'tude about punishing pitchers, I could see him with an Ortiz-like resurgence to his career...

Right now, and for the last 2 1/2 seasons, he is dead weight and he is holding the team hostage with his limp bat.

Dipoto can't DFA or trade him like he has with other dead weight players.

Pujols is bringing the team down. There are no two ways or arguments about it, it's happening every day.

At some point he needs to man up and do what is best for the team. He is going to get his paychecks no matter what.

It's time for HIM to do the right thing...Nobody will force him to do that, Scioscia obviously can't, he can't even move him in the batting order.

It's up to Albert Pujols to be a real man...I really hope he prays about it, and finds that he has it in him to be one.

Look at career wins. The man with longevity is lock. That is a fact despite your hatred for him.

Scioscia will never join Torri, Cox, and Larussa in the HOF. I once thought, back in 02-03 maybe he would, but he is orchestrating his own undoing by his stubbornness.

He could have, and should have, with the historic decade long 50 million contract he got, and the historically high paid players he has been given over the decade...

been a sure thing for the Hall...

He will go down as a Dusty Baker type, unable to embrace the new metrics oriented game, and clinging to his gut feelings and LR matchups, in the face of, and ignoring, stats.

It sucks watching him take MY TEAM down that tired, old, road with him...

But that's just my opinion