• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is something brewing?

Morin is clearly movable in the right deal.

I don't think there is any question Dipoto is going to have to make a deal for pitching before July 30; if not additional deals before August 30.

Since our farm system is so depleted it will be interesting to see how much value it has.

Stop with this ludicrous talk of trading Kendrick. Lindsey is simply not ready and questions remain if Green can be above average with the glove at 2B. That and the only teams that would be interested in Kendrick would be teams in contention this year.

If we wanted to Kendrick (and I don't agree with this thought process) really the only teams that make sense would be NL teams such as the Giants, Marlins, etc. why would they deplete a source of strength on their MLB roster (bullpen) though? This doesn't make a lot of sense.

We need to make a trade for some quality pen pitching if we are to make a serious run.........

when the deal is done a lot of folks here might not like it because we're not dealing from a position of strength so that means giving a away a quality player on the 25 man roster OR giving up a pretty good young prospect for some possibly very short term help........

but that is the situation we're in.

I don't think there is any question Dipoto is going to have to make a deal for pitching before July 30; if not additional deals before August 30.

Since our farm system is so depleted it will be interesting to see how much value it has.

Stop with this ludicrous talk of trading Kendrick. Lindsey is simply not ready and questions remain if Green can be above average with the glove at 2B. That and the only teams that would be interested in Kendrick would be teams in contention this year.

If we wanted to Kendrick (and I don't agree with this thought process) really the only teams that make sense would be NL teams such as the Giants, Marlins, etc. why would they deplete a source of strength on their MLB roster (bullpen) though? This doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'd hate to give up Morin. I just don't like trading a positive from a position of weakness to make it only slightly better. We've had some dealings with the Padres before, and I hope we can ship them a couple prospects for Street. I watched him throw from behind home plate while he was in college... Some of the most deceptive, cartoon-like stuff I've ever seen.

Ferguson -- no Kendrick for Holland deal -- for one, KC is in serious contention and next, Wade Davis is at the end of his contract and probably won't be re-signed by KC.....Davis' current contract was as a rotation guy; he got pulled from the rotation due to inconsistency of starts and has now performed so well as a set up and pre-set up guy in the pen, they're not moving him back into the rotation.......but he's not really a closer -- KC has an option on Davis for '15 that they probably will pass on and then he'll hit the F/A market............he's had a good two years as a pen guy so someone will over-pay for him.......hope it's not us. (We could use him, but not at what will probably be his asking price).

YOT keeps making a great point about howie. First, in house replacemorts for him are questionable (but doable if things go right). More important, the type of team howie would appeal to isnt the kind thats going to give us ML ready pieces. Howie would be good for a team like us, who wants to win today. Not a team whos looking towards next year or the next

We aren't trading Howie while we are in the race for a playoff spot.  Plain and simple.  That pretty much goes for anyone on the 25 man roster providing some sort of major league contribution.  

It will be two minor leaguers for a pen arm.  It will be like Yarborogh and Nate Smith for someone like Huston Street or a lesser deal to get Ziegler.  

Why trade you only successful reliever for another reliever? Talk about Ridiculous thoughts.