• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

That’s not true. The UFC follows the chain of command of local law (which Conor was arrested, charged, and did a plea deal paying millions) and the states fighting commission (part of said millions). Khabib also wanted the fight so suspending him just delays that.

He’ll do the same here because the commission and governing body will come down harsher than the UFC would since this hasn’t happened before so there is no code of conduct like the NFL to institute punishments.

To say tit for tat is pretty childish and weak. Both were in the wrong and Conor settles with the fighters injured that lost out on money and Dana said the dudes that jumped in the cage won’t ever fight in the UFC (word on the street is one of the dudes was supposed to fight Lobov in the near future). Both have harsh consequences.

No he didn't and it wasn't a UFC event.

He jumped in to celebrate with his teammate and then mildly got into it when the ref was trying to get him out. Conor was wrong and should have been reprimanded then, but I don't know how you do it since it's not a UFC sanctioned event nor is Conor part of Bellator....maybe ban him from Bellator events? (which I think is what happened with addition to a fine....about a year or so ago, so I don't remember all the details).

2 hours ago, Lou said:

so only a fighter's action at a UFC event count?

he wasn't celebrating shit. the ref was trying to get him out? lol

cammon, man. 

If you're expecting "Dana to do squat", then yes. Bellator isn't his promotion. I believe he was disciplined by that sanctioning body (I believe a fine) and/or Bellator. Dana has nothing to do with what happened in that instance.

Did you watch the video you posted? And from what I remember he was in the corner of Ward, but not officially cornering him which was the issue. He ran in and jumped on Ward to celebrate then as Marc Goddard was trying to get him out and get everything in order Conor pushed him away. 

What is always overlooked with this video every time it's posted is that everyone in the arena thought the fight was over, but the round ended first which is why no one should have ran in the cage like that at all. Conor was still in the wrong, but he thought (like everyone else) the stoppage was from a tap. He didn't go in there to confront the ref.

Word on the street is that Conor will get a rematch if he wants one. He was totally outmatched as most guys are to wrestlers, but I will say he had the best defense for Khabib's mauling....although you empty the gas tank defending. Bad matchup for Conor, but I would like to see Tony and Khabib fight. The match up is cursed and the next one would be the third or fourth time trying to get them together, but Tony has an unlimited gas tank and always moves forward while being a beast on the ground. The styles match up well, but both fighters have had to back out before. Plus, Tony fights here out of OC (10th Planet in Santa Ana)

My girlfriend was tripping out as I was calling out Khabib's moves before they were happening. It's boring as F*ck, but super functional and damn near unstoppable. But the whole surprise of the entire fight was Khabib clipping him clean to start the second. No one has ever seen that and thought that's what Conor would do.

Speaking of the subject, on the side of stupid.....

One of the attackers posted about it on social media and has a mouse under his eye saying Conor tagged him and he punched him back. Way to out yourself, sir.

Conor walking out looked like a dead man. He had the same bravado, but it seemed manufactured opposed to before when he was hungry and it fueled him to be optimal. Getting mauled by Khabib was the most likely outcome.

The crazy thing is I don't see who challenges Khabib outside of Tony. Kevin Lee and Dustin Porier will get dusted like Conor did....although Lee has better wrestling.

didn't White suspend Jones for a traffic accident? iirc, that didn't occur at a UFC event, unlike Conor attacking (and injuring) fellow UFC fighters by throwing a steel dolly at them. 

Dana has proven himsethe ultimate hypocrite.

was the guy on social media one of those that were arrested? if so, I think he was already outed lol 

It's hard to keep up with all of Jon Jones F*ck ups. I think there was a suspension, but the main thing and possible suspension link was he was supposed to fight and because of the legal troubles couldn't and was pulled from the card and also stripped of the title. I think there was some kind of murky thing the UFC did where they said enough and suspended him....remember, he had just pissed hot before the indigent against Cormier.

Dana is a schil, always has been and always will be. But he's in it to make money and set up the fights we all want to see. I don't think he's a hypocrite as he's been pretty open or it's at least well known dudes don't get punished like they should (hence no real rules of conduct) or he lets other authorities handle the issues and says that's enough. Jones pissed hot again (although many in the science world believe Jones that he didn't intentionally piss hot) and was looking at some serious time but magically had his sentence reduced and will be back soon.

The dude was one of the guys, but going on social media after like some keyboard warrior bragging to random people is weak.

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

Well, well, well. it looks like Conor threw the first punch at one of Khabib's guys. Predict the suspension. I'm going with 0 days.

Why would he get suspended for random dudes jumping into the ring and going after him?

I also don't think that's the case because they investigated and arrested the dudes. Conor didn't press charges so they let them go.

The dude was basically sitting there after getting rolled on and got jumped. I don't think it's unreasonable to defend yourself against variables like random dudes jumping over the fence and coming at you. And by all reports from first hand accounts, was punched in the back of the head.

24 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

According to witnesses, Dillon was running his mouth the entire fight. When McConnor tapped, Dillon yelled "F**ing Muslim rat". That set Khabib off to beat his ass. So yeah, I'm OK with the end result.

I agree 

22 hours ago, Lou said:

didn't White suspend Jones for a traffic accident?

Well a hit and run where he ran a red light, injured a pregnant woman and the APD found a weed pipe in the rental car.

(That was seriously big news here. I go through that light each day to work.)