• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

Tony, for as good as he is, is always susceptible to getting hit. Dude took a legit beating that most people would have been floored.

It was like the best Justin I have ever seen and also the worst Tony I have ever seen happened at the same time.

Bored as shit so I wanted to rewatch the close fights, although there was really only one.

I thought Pettis won during the live viewing, but after watching a replay think Cowboy should have won....and got eye poked.

The Esparza (what up Team Oyama) Waterson fight I'm not re-watching. It was pretty boring and Esparza's wrestling was the game changer. Even though two judges had it 30-27 for each person which is just bad judging.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Crap. I forgot this was on tonight.

Must have gotten lost in the whole Trash Day excitement.

Some decent ones, but nothing that was like, "You need to see this right now" type of fights.

Something to watch and of course old man Glover with the upset. Another that isn't anything spectacular other than the upset......Smith won round 1 and maybe 2, but got so gassed and Glover just beat the shit out of him. Surprised the corner didn't stop it. Props to Herzog, the ref, for giving Smith a chance.....I'd like to see refs do that more depending on the situation and fighters.

Glover fights are always great, rarely does it not end with someone getting the crap kicked out of them, 50/50 if it is him lately.  Felt bad for Smith, his team definitely needed to call it off.

More fights tomorrow.  Overeem also usually entertaining.

Should be good tomorrow. 

Overeem is looking to bounce back after losing to Rosenstruck (sp?) with four seconds left of a fight he was winning. Harris is coming off the loss of his daughter.

Hill is on the come up (I like her, she's cool) and Gadelha is an animal.

Ige against Barboza might be fight of the night.

And there might be a surprise. The Asian kid on the main card is having visa issues, so Urijah Faber stepped on the scales today as a replacement. It was so last minute he didn't have a weight cut and weighed in at ~153 for a 145 fight. The commission would still need to approve it as the weight difference is well above the norm. Seeing Chito fight again would be fun since he fights across the street at Oyama. Another surprise was Vettorri, who was supposed to fight Wednesday also hit the scales as an alternate, but I don't see any 205's on the card.

Side note, I'm going to watch the Joe Rogan fight companion with the fight and Eddie Bravo is going to be on there like usual. As Tony Fergusons ju-jitsu coach, best believe that will be a topic of conversation. Brendan Schaub has already said he's going to talk to Eddie about it while live and pick his brain on what happened and why.

I'm curious to see what he has to say and what might be next for Tony.

I mainly remember him as being one of the first stars of WEC before the UFC bought them.

He has lost pretty much all the big fights (like a Cerrone), but did beat Dominick Cruz in the WEC and somewhat recently beat Ricky Simon who looked damn good on Wednesday as an up and comer. Faber was the dog in the fight and supposed to be a stepping stone, but shocked everyone and knocked Simon out. Big upset.

Looks like he will stay on the bench though and not fight. Probably for the better. That Asian kid is pretty good.

It was one of the first "minor league" associations. I think they showed the fights on a weird channel like FX or Spike TV.

They were more known for smaller fighters since the UFC didn't have divisions for flyweight, bantamweight, and featherweight....maybe lightweight, too since I know Anthony Pettis came up through here and think his lowest weight was 155....it's also that highlight they show where he did that Matrix thing of running off the side of the cage and kicking Benson Henderson in the dome and knocking him out.

Great fighters came through here: Jose Aldo, Faber, Cruz, Pettis, Henderson, Cerrone, Gilbert Melendez, Carlos Condit, and Joseph Benavidez. I think Chael Sonnen also fought there at one time.

Rough night.

I had Chito winning rounds 2 and 3. But he lost and Sherdog also had the other dude winning 29-28. Not a robbery, but Chito looked the best I've seen him. Hearing he works with Jason Parillo was something you could see with his striking. He has worked with some of the best out of the RVCA facility in Costa Mesa. Bummed on the result, but it wasn't a robbery.

Angela Hill won her fight and was robbed. Sherdog had it the same. Feel bad for her. Gadelha looked beat up, too.

Tough to see Harris lose, especially after he dropped Overeem in the first round. He seemed to empty the tank looking for the finish. Feel bad for the dude. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...