• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

I’m glad I didn’t pay for the fight. Kind of underwhelming.

That Usman/Covington fight was one of the best of the year. Dudes just trading. What’s crazy is I heard the scorecards before the KO and even Sherdog had Covington ahead, I didn’t, but if he would have held on he may have won. I’d see these two fight again in a minute.

Not the only card I disagreed with. I had Aldo bearing Moraes, but it wasn’t as egregious.

That Usman/Covington fight was one of the best I have ever seen.  It deserved to have a finish and not go to the judges, glad it ended how it did.  There has to be a rematch.

I also thought Aldo beat Moraes, but for underdogs to win they usually have to finish their opponent.  Aldo didn't dominate enough to swing the judges, and Moraes landed bigger shots.

2 minutes ago, nate said:

That Usman/Covington fight was one of the best I have ever seen.  It deserved to have a finish and not go to the judges, glad it ended how it did.  There has to be a rematch.

that was a great fight.  they battled from the opening bell. 

I don't think there will be a rematch, at least right away, because Masvidal was in line for the winner. That'll be a great fight, too. I think you see wrestling Usman in that one opposed to what we saw last night. No one wants to trade hands with Masvidal. I'm still shocked about last night and that there were two wrestlers in the ring and not one takedown attempt. They hate each other and just wanted to knock each others head off.  

9 minutes ago, nate said:

Boxing is still a gigantic money maker.  As long as you can bet on it, it will be popular.

okay. will see an occasional match advertised on tv, but never know any of the fighters. used to watch the heavyweights battle it out all the time and really liked olympic boxing. now, outside of canelo, i'm not sure i could name another boxer. and i have no clue who is the current heavyweight champ.

Boxing is making a bit of a resurgence. A lot more dudes in the mix or known names now. I think a potential issue is promotions and platforms with things like DAZN.

Part of the problem was boxers used to duck each other whereas with the UFC it's constantly the best people fighting each other. Boxing seems to have adopted that and when you get Wilder/Fury or GGG/Canelo it makes for exciting fights.

• 1 month later...
  • Chuck unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...