• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UFC Thread

• 2 months later...

Wild week. I’m pretty depressed about what has transpired this week. I had this shit circled on my calendar the minute they announced the card and it was originally going to be the best event of the year, but just went to shit real quick and I don’t even think I’m going to watch now.

Feel bad for Tony. I literally was crossing my fingers one week out that everyone remained healthy and that shit happens. He fights here out of Irvine.

Then you throw in the bullshit that scraps three solid fights and we are left with a last minute make shift card that is very disappointing. 

I’m on the Thug Rose train though and if the prelims are good I tend to just order it at home.

not a bad card as it played out from a shit show. the original had potential for one of the best lineups of all-time, but they pieced it together and it worked out.

iaquinta lost as expected, but he held his own for being outclassed and may have exposed some kind of a game plan to beat Khabib that legit threats like Conor or Ferguson can use.

that thug rose and jj fight was solid....so was the other chick fights with that other polish chick and even the earlier fight with that chick that I think also fights with Tony Ferguson at 10th planet in Santa Ana under Eddie bravo (Ashlee Evans-smith).

could have been epic, but good fights and I don't feel I threw money down the drain like I was expecting when I ordered it.

next weekend will be ok too. that main event will be legit and someone is getting knocked out.

yeah, i like her. she is well spoken and has a good vibe and energy about her. plus, it's been fun to watch her grow as a fighter. she wasn't that good when she was on the ultimate fighter to now beating arguably the best of all time twice, and she definitely outclassed jj this second fight.

• 3 months later...

Dope day.

Everyone made weight and seems healthy for tomorrow.

Conor vs. Khabib set for early October. Dana also wants to put OC dude Tony Fergusen on the card too as a back up.

Nate Diaz vs. Poirier set for November.

Couple of good months ahead if all goes well.

“This is the type of bad decision you make that turns a lot of people against you. He attacked a bus. Listen, he’s got some beef with Khabib because of the Artem thing that went down. You don’t come into Barclays Center, attack people who in a bus who are fighting the next day, and the worst part is the women who were on the bus. They’re fighters — Rose is a fighter and Karolina is a fighter — but these goons are throwing bike racks and chairs and things like that through the windows of the bus and didn’t care who they hit or who they hurt.

“I don’t know if [McGregor is] on drugs, or what his deal is. But to come and do this and to act like this — you’re talking about a guy who had a baby,” White added. “He just had a kid. This is how you’re acting? You have a son at home.”

White was adamant that McGregor will be disciplined for his actions, although he declined to say to what degree. He said he has not spoken to McGregor since the incident and did not want to. 

McGregor was expected to be stripped of his lightweight title on Saturday at UFC 223.

When asked Thursday if he still wants to be in the Conor McGregor business, White’s answer was cryptic. 

“Right now, no, absolutely not,” White said. “I mean, do you want to be in business with Conor McGregor right now? Do you want to chase this guy around for interviews and buy his fights? Do you? I don’t think anybody is going to want to right now. I think everybody is going to be pretty disgusted with Conor McGregor right now. Listen, you don’t like Khabib and you don’t like what happened or whatever? Then fight Khabib.

“The police are going to take care of Conor. The police are going to handle Conor, and I know a handful of people here already that are filing lawsuits against Conor McGregor. God knows how many lawsuits he’s going to have by the time this is done.

“What happened today was criminal, disgusting, despicable, makes me sick, and we as an organization need to make sure that this never happens again.”

They were pretty solid, good card. Bummed Garbrandt got dirt napped again. It was like he didn't learn anything from that first fight and got dropped the same way. If he had just stuck to his game plan he looked good and was on his way to winning the round, but got emotional and went in swinging. I was expecting and he looked like he was going to pick TJ apart the same way he did to Cruz when he beat him for the belt. Going to be interesting to see if and how he bounces back. I think he's a better fight than TJ, but lost twice being careless.

With the Johnson fight I'm more impressed the judges got it right for once.

Good card overall (even the prelims were cool) outside of that lame ass chick fight.

The next PPV with Woodley has three chick fights leading to the main event, but the card looks pretty decent and has Zabit on it. They are also adding fight to the McGregor card now, nothing to right about and hopefully they find another two solid fights to throw on there and have it be epic instead of some bullshit and one really intriguing fight that will sell on its own.

• 1 month later...