• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols is struggling

I suppose you're right. I'm surprised BR had him at a 5 WAR in 2012, but I'll gladly take it.

It really didn't seem like he played that well, but I guess after the first month, he was close to his old self.

2012 OPS by month:

May - .800 (even with the first third of the month where he wasn't hitting at all)

June - .977

July - 1.071

Aug - 1.027

Sept - .735

Maybe it's the falloff in Sept that bookended the infamous horrid start that makes people forget, but for the majority of 2012, Pujols was Pujols.  

Move Trout to 3rd in the order where he should be.  Put Aybar or HK 2nd, try to get some folks on base ahead of your best hitter (best by FAR). 

If it stays the way it is now, Trout may lead the AL in walks.

Hamilton 4th against RHP, on the bench against LHP.  Pujols 4th against LHP. 

Won't happen with Scioscia tho...

Move Trout to 3rd in the order where he should be.  Put Aybar or HK 2nd, try to get some folks on base ahead of your best hitter (best by FAR). 

If it stays the way it is now, Trout may lead the AL in walks.

Hamilton 4th against RHP, on the bench against LHP.  Pujols 4th against LHP. 

Won't happen with Scioscia tho...

Not sure what the point of moving Trout to third in the order is.

If he's batting third today he doesn't get "INT" walked with the bases loaded. If you put Howie second he probably GIDP and Trout leads off the next inning.

Not sure what the point of moving Trout to third in the order is.

If he's batting third today he doesn't get "INT" walked with the bases loaded. If you put Howie second he probably GIDP and Trout leads off the next inning.

Bat Kendrick third against LHP, Hamilton third against RHP. 

Both will give Trout more opportunities to steal (and eliminiate potential GIDP's) then GIDP king Albert fricken' "I don't like movement in front of me during my at bats" Pujols. 

That's actually kind of my point.  Park/League/Season adjustments need to be taken into account.  BR actually had him as a 2 WAR player last year with a .258avg and .767ops. 

If he puts up a .290/30hr/100 season with his bb/k ratio of the last couple of years, he'll have 5 WAR and an ops between .840-.860.  Basically, his 2012 season.  I think most here would be fine with that. 

Totally fine with that. Would be shocked if it happened.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the guy. You can see that he is falling back into the frustrations, and pressing the way he was when he wasn't healthy...and now when he is supposedly 100% again, he looks pretty much the same. I think because he IS Albert Pujols, Scioscia has to give him some time to break out of it....but how much time? 

Since the org has admitted that this season hinges on the start, I don't think they can give him much past this series to get going before they at least move him down the order, if not sit him for a game here and there. He won't like it, but he is a big boy.

And if he gets moved or has to sit, and he gets upset about it, he probably knows the fans will really turn on him at that point.

It is also a big test on Scioscia. Is he really committed to getting off to a good start? Or will he do things as he always has?

(letting high money veterans play for months despite clearly struggling)

Should be interesting...stay tuned.