• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols is struggling

3 games.

This is more a thread about him pulling outside pitches, constantly getting jammed, and flailing away at the slider than it is about his results. His approach just isn't there, and that's a mental thing...that's the reason I was skeptical about people brushing last year off as nothing because of his injury. This is a mental decline as much as a physical decline. When he does pick out a good pitch, his bat is too slow to really drive it right now which is very concerning in year 3 of a 10 year deal.

I just realized I'll be in my 50s before Pujols is off the team.

Sigh.

if you count the personal services portion of the contract, so will Pujols...

Edited by ScottLux

Trade him to North Korea for Kim Jong-un, and make him manager.  We'll go 160-2.

And Dennis Rodman can be the bench coach; that should make Obama happy.  The real problem will be if they win the World Series, we would be the first championship team not to be invited to the White House.

Miguel Cabrera .143 for the Tigers.

Hainley Rairez is hitting .105 for the Dodgers.

Andrew McCutchen .100 for the Pirates

Ryan Braun .091 for the Brewers

Matt Holliday .000 He has no batting average for the Cardinals

Pujols is a frigging juggernaut compared to these guys. I guess they are all washed up as well.

Pujols is a frigging juggernaut compared to these guys. I guess they are all washed up as well.

I wouldn't care what he's hitting if he actually put together good at bats. He looks like crap up there.

I'm also pretty sure he has a lot more to prove than those guys since he's been nothing short of disappointing since he's been an angel.

Edited by Poozy

I wouldn't care what he's hitting if he actually put together good at bats. He looks like crap up there.

I'm also pretty sure he has a lot more to prove than those guys since he's been nothing short of disappointing since he's been an angel.

Ok, first sentence you are lying. Unless he is hitting you would not believe he is putting together good at bats.

Second, Miguel Cabrera just signed a 10 year extension. Do you think for a moment the Tigers fans aren't going to rip his ass if he struggles the month of April?

Pujols is an issue because he is your guy. If Cabrerra was your guy you would be all over that craptastic batting average after 3 games. If you were a Millwualkie fans you would be screaming Braun is nothing without his Peds. Every fan is going to be unrealistic when it is their marquee guy not putting up the numbers.

But it has only been 3 stinking games.

Ok, first sentence you are lying. Unless he is hitting you would not believe he is putting together good at bats.

Second, Miguel Cabrera just signed a 10 year extension. Do you think for a moment the Tigers fans aren't going to rip his ass if he struggles the month of April?

Pujols is an issue because he is your guy. If Cabrerra was your guy you would be all over that craptastic batting average after 3 games. If you were a Millwualkie fans you would be screaming Braun is nothing without his Peds. Every fan is going to be unrealistic when it is their marquee guy not putting up the numbers.

But it has only been 3 stinking games.

You really don't see a difference in quality of at bats between trout and pujols?

In one at bat he struckout on 4 pitches. Every single pitch was outside the strikezone. It's like he's just guessing up there.

He's also pulling and rolling over pitches on the outer part of the plate. 

How can you call me a liar. I've watched every at bat. They look terrible.

Edited by Poozy

What I don't see is you addressing your fanboy issue about 3 games and 12 at bats. Guys in their prime, guys that are the marquee players for their team, guys that are called the reigning MVP are sucking worse.

And what do you predict out of Pujols this year?

I see a .800-.850 OPS after this series.

Edited by Poozy

This is such a bad argument.  None of those guys is in the same position career-wise as Pujols, i.e. coming off the two worst season of their career, battling injuries, visibly slower, etc.

Another thing to note here is that all of those teams (except the Brewers) are winning.

Dodgers 4-1

Tigers 2-0

Pirates and Cards 2-1

Pujols is struggling, and the rest of the team is too. Because of where he is in the lineup, it is absolutely essential that he doesn't struggle for days at a time, especially when a good start is SO important. Pujols' struggles stick out like a compound fracture.

Edited by Homebrewer

That may be YOUR best hope. It's not mine.

It is my hope they both have good seasons and help the Angels make the playoffs.

I still believe we'll see a pissed off Pujols turn things around and Hamilton continue his solid hitting.

i feel you chuck, but getting pissed doesn't mean anything. his approach has gone to pot. i swear i watched pujols for years going the other way and hitting line drives, but once he comes to the angels he turned into a dead pull hitter. i don't understand it, it's like it's not even the same guy. his whole approach to hitting is totally different.