• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols is struggling

I think what Blarg was trying to say is that 3 games is an incredibly small sample size when looking at the overall picture of the season. Pujols could very well end up putting up a .900+ OPS by season's end. He looks off now to be sure, but so does literally everyone else on the team.

i feel you chuck, but getting pissed doesn't mean anything. his approach has gone to pot. i swear i watched pujols for years going the other way and hitting line drives, but once he comes to the angels he turned into a dead pull hitter. i don't understand it, it's like it's not even the same guy. his whole approach to hitting is totally different.

Yep. It just makes no sense to me.

Miguel Cabrera .143 for the Tigers.

Hainley Rairez is hitting .105 for the Dodgers.

Andrew McCutchen .100 for the Pirates

Ryan Braun .091 for the Brewers

Matt Holliday .000 He has no batting average for the Cardinals

Pujols is a frigging juggernaut compared to these guys. I guess they are all washed up as well.

not sure if serious or trolling

He's had more than two years to make "adjustments" at the plate.

Come on, this isn't exactly nuclear physics he's doing here.

An enormously successful and lengthy stint in St. Louis, and then he forgets how to hit when he comes to Anaheim??

No comment.

Doesn't surprise me that people are already declaring Pujols done this season.

I get that he hasn't been productive as an Angel. Isn't it ok to give him more than 3 games however to have these threads? If he's hitting like this at the end of April, then I'll be concerned.

If he is hitting like this until the end of April, it won't matter. Season over.

I'm just curious what Blarg's prediction of pujols is.

Put your money where your mouth is. If you're going to argue in the case of Pujols, then at least tell us how you think he'll do this year.

Chuck might be an incredible homer, but at least he isn't afraid to make predictions and then take the backlash if he's wrong.

Give him props for that.

Edited by Poozy

i'm all for pujols going back to who he was as a cardinal. hip, hip hooray. i'm friggin dyin' for that to happen.

however, "it's early" has grown quite stale during his angel tenure. i would think most reasonable people would agree with that. this year is a must win in regards to the pujols contract. if he is a ghost this year, then that's the first three years down the drain on a ten year contract. these were supposed to be the good years that made the length of the contract passable. we haven't even got that yet.

i'm waiting for pujols and hamilton to succeed. just not as patiently as before.

Edited by ukyah

I think that both Hamilton and Pujols have trouble getting the Angels home crowd behind them because they have both statistically sucked in Anaheim Stadium.

Pujols hit .334 lifetime in St Louis. (.275 in Anaheim) Thats a huge drop off.

Hamilton hit .316 in Texas. (.246 in Anaheim) Thats a huge drop off.

And I'm not buying the hitters ballpark garbage because Vladimir Guerrero had no trouble hitting .318 lifetime in Anaheim.

Garret Anderson was a lifetime .297 hitter in Anaheim.

Until these guys perform in front of the home crowd they will continue to be scrutinized by the fans.

Claude, don't confuse us, with the fans. For the most part these guys are given great ovations at the stadium. We are not really fans, we are the extreme fan so of course we are going to be more critical of their performance. Do they deserve to hear boos, absolutely, at least in my opinion. Should anyone be subjected to what Josh and his family was subjected to in Arlington last year (I was at those games)? Absolutely not.

I don't know what the season has in store for both of these hitters, but my belief is that they will both be much, much better than last year. I say that because, well Hamilton can't be worse than last year. Also as it relates to Albert, there has been a lot of conversation about his approach in this thread. In spring (yes I know it was practice games) he was hitting the ball to all fields and getting his doubles.

I do agree with you Claude, we are still awaiting that defining moment at home with Albert, where he hits the game winning home run off of the other teams closer, it hasn't happened. Will it, I don't know. But I will wait more than three games into this season before I decide what the rest of this season looks like.

Trumbo our former 1st baseman....280 / 2 hrs / 8 rbi's

No adjustment needed.

LOL at Trumbo and adjustments.  See how "adjusted" he is in July and August.

That said, it sure would be nice to have any of our recent acquisitions perform like gold or platinum, instead of rusty aluminum.

Edited by Glen

Trumbo our former 1st baseman....280 / 2 hrs / 8 rbi's

No adjustment needed.

Yes, because Trumbo was so consistent during his time here, and he never got off to a hot start here. Jesus Claude, that might be the blindest comment this board has ever seen and we use to have a guy that was sure Vlad only hit doinkers, and we currently have a guy that thinks Howie is the worst player in baseball. The last thing I would say about that quote is that I don't often here about the difficult transition going from the AL to the NL, but rather then other way around. (RBI=False Stat-YoT)