• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can we put off the negativity at least until we lose a game?

floplag

Seriously guys, this isnt a kumbaya message or anything but damn... every player has a nasty nickname, they all suck, we blow, owner sucks, GM sucks... we're a giant sinkhole of suck according to most of you.  i cant figure out if we suck or blow or both.. if that's physically possible.

Its spring training, we have a team with a ton of potential coming off a bad year, shit happens ..  I've never seen anything like this... even the Astros board probably has a better attitude than we do... if there is one.. do they have fans i dont know but i digress...  can we put away the negativity until we actually see them play a couple of games.. maybe?  please?

Honestly this place has become unbearable at times.

Albert Pujols... HamilTON, Blowton.. ok maybe that ones deserved but still.. sheesh.

Edited by floplag

It's been a disappointing 4 years dude. I guess we've become spoiled over that great 8 year run, but nonetheless it has been tough.

man i hear ya.. i reached a point last season where i stopped watching it was so frustrating.. something i havent done since the 70s...  tough doesn't begin to describe it.

maybe spoiled is a good word... its just tough to come to the Angels forum and read more vitroil against the team that whatever our hated rivals would post, lol

Edited by floplag

man i hear ya.. i reached a point last season where i stopped watching it was so frustrating.. something i havent done since the 70s...  tough doesn't begin to describe it.

maybe spoiled is a good word... its just tough to come to the Angels forum and read more vitroil against the team that whatever our hated rivals would post, lol

Yeah the only reason I really watched the games in the final couple of months was because of Trout and the younger guys (Calhoun, Green, Richards) to be honest. Mostly Trout though, I don't know what I would have handled it without him. The forum was definitely depressing down the stretch.

I too, get annoyed by the tired player nicknames some posters throw out.

I really don't mind the venting, nor do I mind people backing up their pessimistic views with stats or reason, but the nicknames are just lame.

Angy Arte, Dipuetered, Albert Pujols, Hackilton, Fat Trout, Ebar...etc.  May these names RIP.

I really don't mind the venting, nor do I mind people backing up their pessimistic views with stats or reason, but the nicknames are just lame.

Angy Arte, Dipuetered, Albert Pujols, Hackilton, Fat Trout, Ebar...etc.  May these names RIP.

I'm with you on the last one.

Can we keep Mensa Mike?

Edited by Homebrewer

I think some of it is that people are trying to brace themselves for a lousy season. After two seasons with high expectations, only to be let down, the fans are growing cautious. I don't really blame them as I, too, am being cautious, but I have high hopes. I'm a pretty big homer and expect a lot out of every player, but I mostly just watch the venting on here. Every once in a while it gets so bad I have to vent too. Mathis always drove me to that point.

Having said that, if I see "Albatross" one more time, I'm going to flip the mother eff out

Yea, I am more of a positive guy and the negativity bugs me, but more than that is the nicknames. They aren't cute or fresh, they are redundant and at best stupid. I choose to be cautiously optimistic. If they play poorly then so be it, its not like I will be more upset because I was optimistic than I would be if I came into the season expecting them to be shitty.

Seriously guys, this isnt a kumbaya message or anything but damn... every player has a nasty nickname, they all suck, we blow, owner sucks, GM sucks... we're a giant sinkhole of suck according to most of you. i cant figure out if we suck or blow or both.. if that's physically possible.

Its spring training, we have a team with a ton of potential coming off a bad year, shit happens .. I've never seen anything like this... even the Astros board probably has a better attitude than we do... if there is one.. do they have fans i dont know but i digress... can we put away the negativity until we actually see them play a couple of games.. maybe? please?

Honestly this place has become unbearable at times.

Albert Pujols... HamilTON, Blowton.. ok maybe that ones deserved but still.. sheesh.

More overreacting hyperbole from floplag. I'm seeing a lot of bitching and moaning lately here and most if it is from you. The other stuff is par for the course here and isn't any worse than it has ever been.

I think you are just trying to start shit.

More overreacting hyperbole from floplag. I'm seeing a lot of bitching and moaning lately here and most if it is from you. The other stuff is par for the course here and isn't any worse than it has ever been.

I think you are just trying to start shit.

Oh no, it is much more common these days tdawg. I get that the team hasn't played up to expectations, but to say the negativity isn't worse is just flat out wrong. I have become numb to it and assume a lot of people come here to vent to each other. Misery loves company and such.

Angel fans have a right to be pissed.  Last season was very difficult to watch.  The offseason moves have not done much to give people anything to be excited about.

You look at this team on paper, you see a 3rd place team.  It is hard to be hyped about that.

I'm just looking forward to seeing how the bullpen is in ST.

I agree about the over-the-top negativity.  A new season means reborn excitement.  I would be much less interested with certainty which makes this season even more interesting.  With regards to the name-calling, I have never understood the purpose.  Life is already hard enough.

Yes We Can....

Angel fans have a right to be pissed.  Last season was very difficult to watch.  The offseason moves have not done much to give people anything to be excited about.

You look at this team on paper, you see a 3rd place team.  It is hard to be hyped about that.

I'm just looking forward to seeing how the bullpen is in ST.

i don't really see it that way. i like the moves they've made, excluding the PBJ trade. i do think they needed to add more pitching, namely a starter and reliever, and i've said so a million times already. however, i think they're pretty clearly a finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd type team in an extremely good division. really between the A's, rangers and angels any finish is plausible.