• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can we put off the negativity at least until we lose a game?

floplag

i don't really see it that way. i like the moves they've made, excluding the PBJ trade. i do think they needed to add more pitching, namely a starter and reliever, and i've said so a million times already. however, i think they're pretty clearly a finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd type team in an extremely good division. really between the A's, rangers and angels any finish is plausible.

I think the Angels moves will take them from the sub .500 team they were last year to a .500 + winning team, but I don't think the moves thus far are good enough to help them overtake the A's and Rangers.

I hope I am 100% wrong though.

More overreacting hyperbole from floplag. I'm seeing a lot of bitching and moaning lately here and most if it is from you. The other stuff is par for the course here and isn't any worse than it has ever been.

I think you are just trying to start shit.

and there is the thesis statement ladies and gentlemen....

i wont justify or dignify it and let it speak for itself...

Oh no, it is much more common these days tdawg. I get that the team hasn't played up to expectations, but to say the negativity isn't worse is just flat out wrong. I have become numb to it and assume a lot of people come here to vent to each other. Misery loves company and such.

It really isn't. People want this place to be all sunshine and roses and yet they don't realize that any message board is just like this one. Seriously. Go find a sports team forum that fits your standards. Good luck with that. It ain't happening.

It really isn't. People want this place to be all sunshine and roses and yet they don't realize that any message board is just like this one. Seriously. Go find a sports team forum that fits your standards. Good luck with that. It ain't happening.

Like I said, I get that most people like to come here and vent, but to tell me to go find a different message board that fits my standards is like me telling people to leave here if they want to hate on the Angels and I haven't done that.

Seriously guys, this isnt a kumbaya message or anything but damn... every player has a nasty nickname, they all suck, we blow, owner sucks, GM sucks... we're a giant sinkhole of suck according to most of you.  i cant figure out if we suck or blow or both.. if that's physically possible.

Its spring training, we have a team with a ton of potential coming off a bad year, shit happens ..  I've never seen anything like this... even the Astros board probably has a better attitude than we do... if there is one.. do they have fans i dont know but i digress...  can we put away the negativity until we actually see them play a couple of games.. maybe?  please?

Honestly this place has become unbearable at times.

Albert Pujols... HamilTON, Blowton.. ok maybe that ones deserved but still.. sheesh.

At which time one of everybody's favorite thread topics might just have to appear, no? I am certain those have been greatly missed. lol

Like I said, I get that most people like to come here and vent, but to tell me to go find a different message board that fits my standards is like me telling people to leave here if they want to hate on the Angels and I haven't done that.

I meant find a board that isn't filled with negativity. Not because I want you to leave but because maybe then you will see that this place is pretty tame compared to others. I lurked the Lakers boards for years and oh my god. I also routinely went to Boston sports forums for the lulz and those places are hell.

This board has a lot of negativity which can get annoying and grating, but it is no different than anywhere else. The internet is just a generally negative place.

Astros board has a better attitude then we do, yes, they do as they kick our butts last season and had a winning record against us. I bet they wish they could play us more often. I hope this is the year we turn it around and kick some ass.

Astros fans should have a better attitude. They know what their team is trying to do and their expectations aren't very high. They're in rebuild mode and know their future is bright.

The Angels on the other hand have, basically, a 2 year window to win it all and then they're pretty much going to be in rebuild mode. 

It's now or never for them. This is why Angels fans are very pessimistic right now. 

Edited by Poozy

Remember when Chuck (bless his heart) started the "Glass half full", or "Optimism points" (I forget what it was called) threads after every loss last year?  Those threads didn't make it to Memorial Day.

This place is what it is.  People telling other people how to post, or what their optimism level should be, is silly.  Its a free for all.  Have at it, libs.

Remember when Chuck (bless his heart) started the "Glass half full", or "Optimism points" (I forget what it was called) threads after every loss last year?  Those threads didn't make it to Memorial Day.

This place is what it is.  People telling other people how to post, or what their optimism level should be, is silly.  Its a free for all.  Have at it, libs.

Thanks Obama!

I think fans have the freedom to cheer however they want about the team.

I'm more optimistic since I try to find silver linings in baseball and just really like watching the game. I totally understand why fans are upset and are pretty pessimistic going into the season.

The last 4 years have been a real letdown to what Angels fans were treated with in the 2000's. At this point, I'm just excited for Spring Training to start and to see what this team has to offer this year.

Nice. I did this thread last year (about the same time as well) when I came back and saw the main forum went severely downhill from what I remembered. We always had AO and maybe another couple of life complainers, but it hit a new level perusing various threads.

YK's right, this place is what it is and it's why a bunch of us don't post in this section or aren't as active as we all used to be. Like Bruce said, just do the same.

I'll still never get the nicknames. Having met many people over the years at softball games and functions the average age here is up there, but you would think kids post here with the consistent cornball nicknames and name calling.

some of the greatest moments in the history of this board and those predating this place were related to showdowns between the tin foil hat club and the nutswingers.  Optimist, Pessimist, Buddhist, whatever. 

If you create polarizing threads, expect response in kind.  If you like to whach the beehive just for kicks then so be it. 

I don't really get the childish name calling and general disrespect toward members of the franchise at times.  To me, that's the kind of stuff that this place can do with out. 

But if you want to hate, go ahead and hate.  If you want to drink the kool aid, be my guest.