• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Badly want new uniform color scheme...

floplag

So, a team that has changed logos, colors and uniforms more often than basically any team in league history, finally has settled on a uniform and has worn it for 15 years or so, and you want them to change colors because other teams have emulated them?  When the team went to red they were the only team to have it as their primary color.  Even the Reds were wearing white uniforms.  

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

Am i not entitled to that view or something?  

How about we go back to one of the older ones instead of a  new new one, would that be better?  

Of it is just anything i post you have to ding?    We literally agree on nothing it seems 

You are entitled to your opinion.  I encourage you to have your opinion.  We agree on plenty, but changing the uniform won't change the problem.  If we change to blue, then we will match the Royals or the Blue Jays or the Rangers.  This is a spring training game, so they can both where the same color, it just isn't something I can get bent about.  

1 minute ago, Scotty@AW said:

I'd like them to incorporate the navy blue back into the color scheme, but that's just me.  It think it'd offer a nice contrast and is sort of tipping the proverbial cap to our history as a team.  

Yes, exactly, i still throwback to the 80s design for example, it was unique.  Not the Disney periwinkle though i actually liked that to aside from the silly logo.  

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

You are entitled to your opinion.  I encourage you to have your opinion.  We agree on plenty, but changing the uniform won't change the problem.  If we change to blue, then we will match the Royals or the Blue Jays or the Rangers.  This is a spring training game, so they can both where the same color, it just isn't something I can get bent about.  

When they had a mix of red/blue they were far more unique. 

I love the red.   Hated the periwinkle garbage...  I miss the sleeveless unis. 

As an aside.... while I don't have an issue with the name change I'd loved to see them break out the ANAHEIM jerseys on some throwback jersey day.

Don't care for blue much...   Shouldn't really need to explain why...

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

Also the Mets, also the Indians, also the Braves, also the Red Sox, also the Cubs, also the Astros, also the Mariners, also the Padres...   There are a shit ton of teams that use blue as the primary color on one of their uniform variants...

The jerseys have a nice starting point. I’m just not a fan of the red on red. Either we need more blue or more white. The red on the script and on the hat just gets lost. 

With our homes and aways they would be a 100000 better without the silver. 

They should look look something like this. (Unfortunately it’s not my concept) 

BB003B34-B75D-4759-AC6B-92FE011EE8C2.jpeg

Incorporate navy into the scheme again as a secondary color and use it on an alt uniform. Make the halo gold on the logo instead of silver. Mix it up a bit with the team logos too. Angels have a great collection of logos during their history and yet all we see is the current A logo on everything. Wouldn't mind seeing this used on their ST caps. No harm no foul since it's ST but would be a nice change of pace

halo-clipart-angels-baseball-18.jpg

I love the current logo and script.  I’m not a huge fan of the red jerseys.  It’s fine tho.  The home whites are definitely my favorites. 

I definitely get the red thing from a marketing perspective.  It’s a clear distinction from our bigger market rivals. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I guess I'm one of the few that liked the periwinkle. A very unique color. Though the color name is rather fey, it is a unique color.

But I really didnt think it was a true periwinkle color. True periwinkle was much lighter that those unis. 

I'm down for adding some blue. Red on red is too much.

That uni that Trout is wearing in Lou's first post is REALLY sharp looking, though.