• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2013 Official Playoff Thread. All other playoff threads will have to deal with the bees.

mancini79

To be fair, they shoved a mic in front of him right after he just made a play to send his team to the Super Bowl. I put more blame on the network. What did they expect when a guy like Sherman who is in the biggest moment of his career?

ya I hate that. Just let them enjoy the moment instead ofhaving to get some stupid interview 4 seconds after the game ends

I'm sure Fox (minus Erin Andrews) appreciates what Sherman did. How long did they wait to put him on the air again? 3 Minutes? Even better for their ratings.

I've seen his numbers, I get the rivalry and see that he does some charity..but when your first reaction after maybe the biggest win in your franchises history is to talk about Crabtree...yeah...there's no getting around it...that doesn't look real good.

Hardly anyone is even talking about the game and it's too bad...because it was pretty good...ragged...but good and why is that because?...

I'll go first and say the Broncos win 31-20 in two weeks and if Manning turns the ball over three times in a row...I'll give someone here 50 bucks (no strings).

Edited by DW711

Maybe sherman should have praised his teammates and coach for all the hard work they did to help him win the game, instead of spouting all this drivel about "being the best corner in the league" (in his own mind) and that "sorry receiver"

a me-first league produces me-first players, unfortunately

Watch the interview he does later. Much more calm and acts like a human. He actually acts humbled. I thought I was watching a different person

I understand a lot of people are turned off by his antics after the game, but you at least have to consider the adrenaline, emotions, and the in the moment ness of it all. I'm sure Crabtree and him were jawing all game long, too. Factor that in with the rivalry these teams have, you can, at least I can, understand how hyped up he was for that interview.

FOX knew what it was doing. There was a reason they went to him for the immediate post game interview rather than the calm Russell Wilson. They were hoping for a moment like that and they got it. If it was Wilson, it would have been your standard post game interview

Edited by bloodbrother

Later clips were more chill but he was still chirping about being the best and Crabtree being mediocre. Like we didnt hear it the first time. Not much about being excited or happy to be going to the Super Bowl. I can't relate. Being the best and overcoming mediocre competitors.... you'd think he wouldnt be so worked up.

Edited by ScottT

FOX knew what it was doing. There was a reason they went to him for the immediate post game interview rather than the calm Russell Wilson. They were hoping for a moment like that and they got it. If it was Wilson, it would have been your standard post game interview

I would have rather heard from wilson,  he's a great kid and I have a lot of respect for him

I watched one minute if that video, and that was more than enough.

Big, gigantic dbag.

Meanwhile, one prominent aw member continues to go out of his way on Facebook to defend this clown. Humility is in short supply tonight.

Ok, this is him calm and everyone can make their own opinions:

My opinion is that I won't acknowledge anything regarding Skip Bayless. Things are a lot better that way

he's only out there to get reactions...if everybody just ignored the crap he said he'd go away. There's no way anything he says is serious. Talk about a master troll

My opinion is that I won't acknowledge anything regarding Skip Bayless. Things are a lot better that way

he's only out there to get reactions...if everybody just ignored the crap he said he'd go away. There's no way anything he says is serious. Talk about a master troll

I know Skip can be a bit much.

The way he talked to Chris Bosh (and to his face) and the whole Tebow thing..but he does actually make good points every now and than.

Exactly this.  Anyone familiar with Richard Sherman could have predicted what would happen if you shoved a mic in his face right after he made a game-saving play that sent his team to the superbowl.  He plays the game with his adrenaline level set to nuclear, and the way he trash talks and gets under the skin of his opponents is very calculated.  This was the best postgame interview since Bart Scott.  And I say this all as a die-hard 49ers fan.  

Would everyone prefer the classic sports interview? 

reporter:  How did you feel about your performance today?  

player:   It was a team effort, we really battled.  

reporter:  What was the difference in how you came out in the 2nd half today? 

player:  We just played with more energy.  A lot of effort.  

reporter:  Did you make any adjustments?

player:  I just had to go out like i wanted it.  And I thank God for letting me make that game saving play.  

reporter:  Well congratulations on your win.  Back to you, Jim.  

*dial tone*

Yeah, no thanks.  

A lot of Sherman's antics are to get under his opponents skin, and often times it works

He's an ass hole, but he backs up his talk with his play.

It's like I said before, if the trash talking is during the game, it's part of the game.

But once the game is decided, especially on this big of a stage, respect is the name of the game. All others before Sherman over the years managed to get that. Why couldn't Sherman? Mr. Peabody needs a word with him.

And he could have made it a non-standard, non-boring interview without trashing Crabtree, by just saying he is the best CB in the game and no one can beat him. That would have been much preferable to trashing Crabtree on such a big stage.

Edited by Angel Oracle