• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2013 Official Playoff Thread. All other playoff threads will have to deal with the bees.

mancini79

I get that Crabtree shouldn't have acted like a douche towards Sherman during the charity event, if it indeed happened.

But, what's that saying?    Two wrongs (douche acts) don't make a right."

They had someone on earlier that was there at the charity event. Sounded more like playful banter about beating each other. The person interviewed said there was no fight and it's wasn't a big deal, just that Sherman is the type of person to take something that small and harbor it to use later.

Sounds more like something funny that Sherman would bring up.

Dude is a WWF wrestler in a football body. First he says it's because the smack talk, then he says it's because of the hand shake incident.

twitter brings out the full force of idiots.

It's bad and the media is just as bad. They can't stop talking about it and have "analysts" and legit deep conversations about this.

It's why Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless have jobs.

Everyone just playing up to how emotional people are getting on social media and keeping it going. Shit, look at all of us still talking about it. I prefer we just keep posting WWF parodies and pics.

It's bad and the media is just as bad. They can't stop talking about it and have "analysts" and legit deep conversations about this.

It's why Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless have jobs.

Everyone just playing up to how emotional people are getting on social media and keeping it going. Shit, look at all of us still talking about it. I prefer we just keep posting WWF parodies and pics.

I agree. Take it for what it is, something to laugh at

Harbaugh's sideline antics were part of the reason I was slightly pulling for Seattle.  Doesn't make what Sherman did cool or excplicable.

As far as how bad it was.  I mean, he didn't commit a crime.  He didn't hurt anybody.  He didn't make little kids cry.  He just acted like a douche.  In the grand scheme of things it really isn't a big deal.  My biggest problem with the whole deal was the "he was just excited right after the game" bullcrap excuse.

Edited by mtangelsfan

Every team has it's good guys and bad guys. Not that Sherman is a bad guy, he's actually a great guy that gives back a TON to charity and the local community. He's a very smart dude too, but even smart guys say and do stupid things. Let's hate on the Seahawks now because of his post game remarks to an opposing team's player. Nevermind Beastmode, Russell Wilson, a great overall D and awesome coach.

Did you just watch Lavar Arrington's point on the NFL Network?

He was spot on.

Look, if you want to call him a douche, that's fine. But just like CJ Wilson is our douche on the Angels, Sherman is our douche on Seahawks. I love him! Best CB in the league and Crabtree trying to minimize him and not give him the respect. Sherman got the upper hand on the field.

Scoreboard.

Rivers is my douche on the Chargers.

My favorite part of all of this is all these people acting like they've never been obnoxious, loud, or a bit "unclassy." I mean Verlander coming out on twitter and calling Sherman out is a bigger douche move than what Sherman did, IMO. Verlander…the same guy who threatened to bean Aybar in the head for laying down a bunt single when the Angels were still in the game…yah...

Verlander is a jackass.  I'm not a fan of Sherman's antics and attitude, but I don't think throwing a baseball 95 mph at a stationary batter is admirable, either.  Threatening to do it makes it worse.  Making that crack on Twitter was pathetic.  Verlander isn't the only baseball player that went that route.  Beanball wars are more stupid than trash talking wars. 

I will be rooting for the Seahawks because I have an irrational hatred of the Broncos.  I also understand that there are plenty of douchebags in pro sports.  That does not lessen Sherman's antics however.  He may be a swell guy overall  (If he really is, I'm guessing he is kind of feeling stupid right now) but even swell buys get bit by the douche bug once in a while.

Edited by mtangelsfan

They're also talking about Wes Welker's hit on Talib as being intentional. What's more douchey?

Taking out a player physically or some amped up post game comments?

Let's not go that far.

Having the smallest dude on your team run into a player is not intentional. Nor was there intent to injure.

I don't know, replay doesn't really show anything that made me think that Welker deliberately tried to hurt Talib

As far as Sherman goes, he'll continue to be a polarizing player because of his brash behavior. Definitely could stand to tone it down, because it's starting to overtake his excellent play on the field, and that's not what he should want. He's being regarded as the best CB currently in the league, so let that stand on its own. The more he tries to garner attention, the more the focus is on that rather than what he does on the field. He's a smart guy and should recognize this.

lol!!!!

I will take strange comparisons for $400 Alex.

Those aren't similar? Maybe I'm wrong but one is a guy talking trash after the game but not publicly and we all freaked out about it. Another was on camera and absolutely ridiculous, and people are defending him. I don't hate what he did, but I find it a little ironic is all

My favorite part of this is the excusing away of boorish behavior by the use of equivocation.  Geez, stop acting like anyone is saying the guy is beating his wife.  We are saying he acted badly. 

Exactly.

"Well at least he didn't kill anybody or drive drunk."

Yeah?  Cool.   What's your point?   At least he's not a felon?  Wow, high bar you guys set there.