• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wow, Tampa Bay's asking price for David Price

Chuck

Cleveland Plain-Dealer columnist Terry Pluto reports that the Rays asked for Carlos Santana, Danny Salazar and Francisco Lindor when the Indians called to ask about David Price.

Santana and Salazar "were starting points," according to Pluto, "and the Rays also wanted some top minor league prospects. I heard Francisco Lindor's name also was mentioned." In essence, that request stopped negotiations. Price, 28, owns a spectacular 3.19 career ERA, 1.16 career WHIP and 8.1 career K/9. The southpaw is under contract through the 2015 season.

I'm not surprised. Price may not be in the Kershaw/Sale level of trade value for a starter, but he's in the next tier down. He's a legit ace and Cy Young Award winner.

I wouldn't make that trade if I was Cleveland, but its a lot closer to the actual trade market than most of the homeristic trade ideas like "Trumbo, Shoemaker, and Stamets."

I'm not surprised. Price may not be in the Kershaw/Sale level of trade value for a starter, but he's in the next tier down. He's a legit ace and Cy Young Award winner.

I wouldn't make that trade if I was Cleveland, but its a lot closer to the actual trade market than most of the homeristic trade ideas like "Trumbo, Shoemaker, and Stamets."

What if we included Shuck? HA! Edited by Cdaniel

I agree with AJ. It's really not that crazy of an offer. Little too much, but still reasonable.

The Angels traded Segura for a few months of Grienke. Everyone loved the trade at the time.

The Angels traded Joe Saunders, Rafeal Rodriguez, patrick corbin and tyler skaggs for 2 years of Haren.

Price is definitely seen as a much better pitcher than Haren was.

Edited by Poozy

The Rays have an asset they want to trade, before he gets priced out of their budget. They'd want to fill holes in their current team for cheap. This is the modus operandi for the Rays.

They should get a package greater than the return they got for Shields and Davis, which the Angels simply cannot match. Other teams can, however.

What they got for Shields and Wade Davis:

Wil Myers #4 Prospect in all of MLB. All-Star Caliber OF, won ROY for the AL in 2013.

Jake Odorrozi #92 Prospect in all of MLB. Solid mid-to-late rotation starter. Moved up to #39 in the 2014 list.

Mike Montgomery... Hard throwing BP arm, one of the fastest fastballs in the game, control problems.

Patrick Leonard… 3B prospect.

An equal or greater package from the Indians would have to start with Lindor and likely include Santana as well. It's not a good move for the Indians.

A Rangers Trade starts with Jurickson Profar or Luis Sardinas (#2 in the Rangers System), includes their #1 prospect Jorge Alfaro, and likely an arm or two. If they don't move Profar, they could get it done with their top four prospects and say Matt Harrison..again it's a high price to pay.  Alfaro, Sardinas, Choice and Rougned Odor and a pitcher. It's a steep price to pay. These guys are ranked and 56, 71, 91 & 96 in the top 100.

More likely package?

Alfaro, Profar, Odor, Moreland and a pitching prospect. I don't know if the Rays would even go for this. 

A Mariners trade package would start with Walker or Hultzen and also include 2nd baseman Nick Franklin, also their #9 prospect Gabriel Guerrero just in case he turns into his uncle Vlad, and Justin Smoak.

A D'Backs trade package likely includes Archie Bradley and either Owings or Gergorius. They'd likely also ask for two more prospects from their top ten. 

A Dodgers trade package likely includes Pederson, Lee or Seager, Magill or Reed as well as possibly Chad Billingsley. They really don't have the minor league prospects to get it done.

Angels would have to offer Cowart, Cron, Conger, Calhoun, and Kendrick. That's not a joke. It still wouldn't get it done.

The Rays have an asset they want to trade, before he gets priced out of their budget. They'd want to fill holes in their current team for cheap. This is the modus operandi for the Rays.

They should get a package greater than the return they got for Shields and Davis, which the Angels simply cannot match. Other teams can, however.

What they got for Shields and Wade Davis:

Wil Myers #4 Prospect in all of MLB. All-Star Caliber OF, won ROY for the AL in 2013.

Jake Odorrozi #92 Prospect in all of MLB. Solid mid-to-late rotation starter. Moved up to #39 in the 2014 list.

Mike Montgomery... Hard throwing BP arm, one of the fastest fastballs in the game, control problems.

Patrick Leonard… 3B prospect.

An equal or greater package from the Indians would have to start with Lindor and likely include Santana as well. It's not a good move for the Indians.

A Rangers Trade starts with Jurickson Profar or Luis Sardinas (#2 in the Rangers System), includes their #1 prospect Jorge Alfaro, and likely an arm or two. If they don't move Profar, they could get it done with their top four prospects and say Matt Harrison..again it's a high price to pay.  Alfaro, Sardinas, Choice and Rougned Odor and a pitcher. It's a steep price to pay. These guys are ranked and 56, 71, 91 & 96 in the top 100.

More likely package?

Alfaro, Profar, Odor, Moreland and a pitching prospect. I don't know if the Rays would even go for this. 

A Mariners trade package would start with Walker or Hultzen and also include 2nd baseman Nick Franklin, also their #9 prospect Gabriel Guerrero just in case he turns into his uncle Vlad, and Justin Smoak.

A D'Backs trade package likely includes Archie Bradley and either Owings or Gergorius. They'd likely also ask for two more prospects from their top ten. 

A Dodgers trade package likely includes Pederson, Lee or Seager, Magill or Reed as well as possibly Chad Billingsley. They really don't have the minor league prospects to get it done.

Angels would have to offer Cowart, Cron, Conger, Calhoun, and Kendrick. That's not a joke. It still wouldn't get it done.

I don't even think the angels top 10 prospects would be enough for price.

Mariners might have the pieces.  But Price already said no contract extension if he was traded there.  So if I were the Mariners, the price dropped, which the Rays wouldn't do.