• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Price to the Mariners?

I feel the same way. Makes the Mariners better short term but Walker is going to be a stud.

Seattle would be way more of a threat next year but even if they got Price, I don't see them winning over 85 games.

That's the thing. Even with Price, I still don't think they would be good enough to make the postseason. 

I would love to see them gut their farm system and give up some potentially valuable young players on their club for two guaranteed years of David Price. 

Edited by Angels

That's the thing. Even with Price, I still don't think they would be good enough to make the postseason. 

I would love to see them gut their farm system and give up some potentially valuable young players on their club for two guaranteed years of David Price. 

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-price-for-david-price/

This is a really good article that basically says that trading a top prospect like Walker for Price isn't very smart. They used Gregory Polanco as an example in the trade. If a young player is average for a year or 2, then develops into a 3-4 WAR player, which is very possible for Walker, that they're essentially giving away 100 million dollars worth of value for possibly 50 million dollars worth of value with Price.

And that's not including other players like Franklin who could be in the deal. If Franklin is an average 2b for 5 years and the Rays get another decent asset, the Rays come out on top looking like geniuses.  

• 8 years later...