• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just once..

martinpa25

I am a sappy optimist too, unfortunately. And I look at things like this: we finished the season playing great. We have upgraded the pen with a great signing, and if Burnett comes back healthy the pen should be at least decent (though I'd still love to add Cishek, and I gotta believe he is available). The lineup is deep and balanced, and if Pujols returns to health, will possibly be the best lineup in baseball.

Now we just gotta fix the rotation. Garza or Tanaka would be huge. If we get either of those guys, we ought to be a good team.

I am a sappy optimist too, unfortunately. And I look at things like this: we finished the season playing great. We have upgraded the pen with a great signing, and if Burnett comes back healthy the pen should be at least decent (though I'd still love to add Cishek, and I gotta believe he is available). The lineup is deep and balanced, and if Pujols returns to health, will possibly be the best lineup in baseball.

Now we just gotta fix the rotation. Garza or Tanaka would be huge. If we get either of those guys, we ought to be a good team.

Maybe Tanaka, but Garza is the epitome of an average pitcher.  We need more than that.

i personally think last season was the perfect storm in a bad way, and that the team is far better than it showed and will be better next year.

We had everything go wrong that could have really...

We need another starter, but i dont think we need 3.. not for what they will cost and the fact that virtually everything out there is average

shore up the pen, get a solid #3, maybe 2 if the price is right, and i think we ar back in the mix without getting stupid myself

IMO they will need more than Garza to compete now.  I don't agree with Phil regarding that.  I would like to see them use some their starters to get some pitchers for the future too.  I wish I could figure out how to solve the dilemma.  That's why the petey trade has me a little ticked.  Just one more piece gone without getting what we really needed.

Can all you guys have some sort of optimism on this team? Just once..have optimism that Albert and josh will have MVP years life before..just once the angels offseason pickups will work out..fans are to support their team not bash them for every single thing...that is all :P

IMO they will need more than Garza to compete now.  I don't agree with Phil regarding that.  I would like to see them use some their starters to get some pitchers for the future too.  I wish I could figure out how to solve the dilemma.  That's why the petey trade has me a little ticked.  Just one more piece gone without getting what we really needed.

Nice optimism.

Every year since I was 9 years old (I'm 43 now) I've entered a new season filled with optimism, despite what the team was like on paper.

This will probably never change. Though the frustrating part for me is the Angels' teams that have been assembled the past fours were pretty damn good on paper, all with a very good chance to make the playoffs and do something.

After 2009 they lost Vlad, Lackey, Figgy not sure I would say the team they assembled in 2010 and 2011 were playoff teams on paper. 2012 was the team that should of , could of , would of, if only Haren and Santana didn't suck, along with the bullpen. I still very much believe in this team depending on the next move Dipoto makes.