• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos traded to Cardinals

SoWhat

David Freese: "To be honest, I have a huge chip on my shoulder, whether I was with #Cardinals or #Angels. I'm extremely focused, ready. "

For the most part, I'd rather have a guy who has something to build on rather than someone with something to prove.  Just saying.

Dipoto was apparently talking about Freese being one of the better 3B bats in the game over the past 3 years(which is just factually incorrect) and being able to "drive in the important run"(which is just anecdotal based on basically 1 postseason) when talking to the media a bit ago.

He should stop while he's not ahead.

Edited by jshep

This is what Keith Law said:

"...most scouts think he's an 80-grade defender who can't hit..."

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/keith-law/post?id=1533

Maybe it's because I'm not a scout, and I'm generally quite statistically minded, but I have been watching and playing baseball for years now and my 'scouts opinion' of Bourjos has always been a lot higher than he seems to get credit for. The stats obviously love Peter as well, but watching his game it's hard for me to say that he 'can't hit' or at the very least shouldn't be expected to be any less than a league average offensive producer.

Got tired of reading and cant get through 28 plus pages. I was ok with trading PB if it got us some pitching help. Right now I believe this be a worse trade than Napoli for Wells. However I am an optimist. I hope this move sets up a blockbuster trade for pitching. However if it blows up in our face I will go AO on all you belittle PB.

I can't believe you think this is WORSE than taking on 80 million and Vernon wells and getting rid of Napoli in one move.

Edited by Richard

I just read through all 30 pages and I'm still OK with this trade from an overall standpoint. I was one of the ones who wanted Freese yesterday and I'm still glad we got him. Freese has shown he can be an above average 3B who can come up with clutch hits. Bourjos had no place in this lineup and Freese fits in perfectly. I hate giving up Grichuck and getting Salas but the OF is one of the few things we were stacked on. I'd rather have Freese at 3rd and Green at 2nd if we trade Kendrick so over the course of the off-season this will work out better than it looks right now in my opinion.

Edited by Agalloch

All players say that type of crap after they're traded. I recall Wells saying the same type of things after the Angels traded for him.

Yeah, Peter had a pretty gritty quote too ...

"Getting the call today and knowing I was coming over to that organization, I’m so excited."

Soooo gritty.