• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos traded to Cardinals

SoWhat

uh huh you realized you just outlined why this wasnt a bad deal. right?

and what did we lose here that affects possible tades for a SP? Grichuck might have been a nice throw in but the center peice of any deal for a SP wil be Kendrick or Trumbo so.. again, one deal into the off season and everyone is losign their friggin minds thingking off season over when we are better today than yeesterday.

We lost Grichuck and Bourjos. Aside from that nothing

The emergence of Calhoun made Bourjos expendable.  I guarantee Freese will become a fan favorite - He works the count, has some pop, and from I have seen comes up with clutch hits throughout his career. The downside is he is a below ave fielder and injury prone. I love Bourjos but with Trout, Hamilton, Calhoun, and Schuck, not a lot of room for him. Tough for my daughter as Peter is one of her favorite players.

Hi Dave,

This is not about a Trout vs. Bourjos playing CF argument. As I postulated to Chuck in an earlier post, there is no reason to not move Trumbo, the more desired piece in the current trade marketplace, and play an OF of Trout (LF), Bourjos (CF), and Hamilton/Calhoun (RF/DH). Thus Peter's value is maintained and he is given an opportunity to increase his value in 2014 and show what I think you would agree is a decent offensive player with gold glove aspirations and capability.

Those arguments about Trout in LF were originally based on the false belief that Trout's offensive performance suffered because he wasn't playing CF and nothing more.

Being a fan of the Angels has nothing to do with evaluating this trade. Yes we need to see how it turns out over the long run to fully evaluate it, but you can look at the surface of the trade and make determinations as well.

Aybar, Kendrick, and Trumbo were all free to be traded. Bourjos had nothing to do with whether or not middle infielders were moved. If the organization decided Trumob was more important than Peter then there is nothing I can do about that, but I do disagree with it.

Based on injury research players with back issues are more likely to see their performance suffer and Freese has a back issue. Giving up a year of control (for Freese) and age is questionable in my opinion.

Finally I, for one, am not in full-blown panic. There are other moves that have to be made. Maybe the other moves will improve the team enough that this trade will be overlooked. Maybe we will get lucky and see an improved Freese.

Beyond that though I am going on the record stating that we did not extract good value for Bourjos and that is an opinion from a die-hard Angels fan.

There are a lot of reasons not to deal Trumbo actually... 30/100, those guys dont grow on trees.

it seems like every GM we get is a total moron, or Arte is the one breathing behind their backs forcing them to do stupid signings/trades.  My guess it's Arte.

Arte got involved with Pujols and Hamilton because they are big name players. The casual Angels fan has no clue who David Freese is.

This trade is all Dipoto.

Edited by Lawrence

What is a liked value for a 4th outfielder who is coming off of an injury?

Clearly PA you've never seen Bourjos play or his potential. Get back to me when you've seen him play a full season roaming CF for your Cardinals.

Let's be fair - he pulled his hamstring around midnight on a cold night in the 14th inning of a game which saw about three DL trips and he had his hand broken on a HBP, something that happens to players all the time.

This was bad luck. There is no reason to expect his injury troubles to continue, at least not nearly as much as we should be expecting David Freeze's back issues to continue.

this

He wasn't an injured riddled player. He didn't have ghost injuries. He had bad luck.

Arte got involved with Pujols and Hamilton because they are big name players. The casual Angels fan has no clue who Josh Freese is.

This trade is all Dipoto.

I know you meant David Feese...I seriously doubt most Cards fans,serious or otherwise, have a clue who Peter Borjous is either..

Its called shuffling around players in order to get better. We didn't have a third baseman, we had too many outfielders, and most of our lineup (particularly Trumbo) is inept at timely hitting. From a 2 for 2 standpoint, it isn't that good of a trade. But when you look at the actual situation, it does make sense. We didn't need Bourjos and Grichuck. We needed a 3rd baseman and pitching depth.