• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

26 minutes ago, cezero said:

Cortisone shots don't heal, they just give a big anti-inflammatory boost, which can give you enough range of motion while your body heals itself, or if needed, so you can do a proper PT program, and hopefully get the issue fixed before it flares up again. If it doesn't heal on its own, or if you don't stick with the PT or it's something that PT can't fix, then the cortisone effect will eventually wear off, and the doctor may have to move to more aggressive treatment. 

I remember when I got my first one for my shoulder. It was a fucking miracle. I couldn't stir a pot of beans before it, and then suddenly, I was completely pain free. I did my PT, and the problem came right back after the cortisone wore off a few months later. The doctor told me that they'd need to do surgery, and I kept putting it off and just asking for more cortisone every 6 months or so. Finally, I had to break down and just get the surgery. 

My doctor recommended not getting more than a couple cortisone shots per year. I assume it had something to do with it not being great for the body, but I'm not sure. 

Good stuff, thanks for sharing @cezero

• 1 month later...

good amount of walking this week. went to the dodger game monday night and parked about as far away as humanly possible - never even broke a sweat. played golf yesterday and got in a lot of walking there, too.

down 171.2 as of this morning.

need to join a gym and start tightening up. lots of flabby skin that needs to be toned. figure i'll do mostly swimming for the cardio and then some weights for toning.

shirts are down 3 sizes, and pants are down 10 inches (though i could probably go another size down comfortably). feeling good and looking to continue to get healthier. 

i got a body blade during my shoulder rehab, and it also worked wonders

"Bulletproof Your Shoulder" is full of stuff that I still do every week because I really don't want to ever get another shoulder surgery. I wouldn't recommend using it until the shoulder is fully rehabbed, though. 

https://www.amazon.com/Bulletproof-Your-Shoulder-Jim-Johnson/dp/1457527243

I have had pain in my upper back and neck, in the middle of my back/neck, for two plus years now. Working out almost seems to make it worse, as does stretching it (i think the muscles are strwtched to the point of being damaged). I know it is just soft tissue, but there doesn't seem to he anything I can do to alleviate it. Any suggestions?

Solution could be many things:

- Stretching PLUS trigger point release. Stretching pull at ends of muscles so the middle might still need relief.

- Change sitting/driving position. Are you hanging your head too much looking at phone/laptop? Get a new desk chair, standing desk, etc.

- Posture.

- Target rotator cuff with appropriate exercises. 

etc

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Adam said:

I'm going Keto for September to see what it's like. I've never felt better in my life and I'm only 6 days in.  Holy shit! I feel like I'm on coke all day

Larry here did it and killed it.

I eat that way and get the "keto flu", but make a cocktail at night. I'm moving to more vegetables and liking it. I started going to Costco and bought some dope food sealer for everything.

I can't go hardcore with shit like the bbq sauce people make that takes three hours using coconut oil.

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

Larry here did it and killed it.

I eat that way and get the "keto flu", but make a cocktail at night. I'm moving to more vegetables and liking it. I started going to Costco and bought some dope food sealer for everything.

I can't go hardcore with shit like the bbq sauce people make that takes three hours using coconut oil.

Salt dude. You need to eat a lot of salt. Sea salt. 

I'm just using hot sauce on everything. 

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

No I started in April

Healthwage.com

$600 in. $1399 out if I hit my goal

who pays you? did you have to pay anything into this?

down another 1.5 lbs this week for a grand total of 178.4 lost. i could have retired if i had known about this place a year ago.