• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howell: Dodgers Bullied Puig

YouthofToday

Storm comparing what goes on here to what goes on in the locker rooms of professional sports teams. I hace no knowledge of what goes on there, but I'm going to say they're not similar.

And how much someone makes is irrelevant to whether or not they should put up with it. So it's ok to "bully"or whatever word you want to use a guy who makes a lot of money, but not ok to do the same to someone who's unemployed?

I'm going to go to a mental health clinic and ask why everyone is there. They don't need help with what they're dealing with, they just need to be a man about it. It's a part of life.

True ignorance

Puig is only 22 years old and barely a year removed from defecting from Cuba.  I think the media painted a pretty unfair portrait of him during this season, anxious to jump on every minor incident that displayed "reckless" character.  And I wouldn't be surprised if someone whose already dealing with assimilating a new culture where he's been propelled to stardom has a bit more difficulty with even the standard hazing rituals.  

Really talented people struggling with insecurities can often come off as cocky.  And since we know little about his past and he only speaks Spanish, fans don't really connect to him, so he's viewed as a caricature.  

The idea that adults can't be bullied is absurd, and reveals a lack of empathy in a person.

What a sob story. Does anyone have an extra tissue?

I guess some people want to live in a world where anyone who cries that they need a handicap placard to hang in their rear view mirror gets one.

The problem is when they show up to Wal-Mart and all the handicap spots are taken, they're going to end up having to park in the far spots like everyone else.

I think it is imperative we save some handicap spots for people who really need them.

Bullying is non-discriminatory. It happens to everyone. How you DEAL with it is key. Are you going to be a victim? Or are you going to overcome the bullying and come away stronger?

It's really in the hands of each individual.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/15/j-p-howell-yasiel-puig-was-bullied-in-the-dodger-clubhouse/

Another validation point the comparison to Milton Bradley is completely ludicrous and without merit.

I see you still fail to comprehend the comparison I made. 

1.  Both players are/were very talented. 

2.  Both players have personality or behavioral issues that cause strife in the clubhouse and on the field. 

Puig has a full-time babysitter/coach/mentor assigned to him by the Dodgers to keep his behavior under control.  Milton Bradley needed that all along. 

I guess some people want to live in a world where anyone who cries that they need a handicap placard to hang in their rear view mirror gets one.

The problem is when they show up to Wal-Mart and all the handicap spots are taken, they're going to end up having to park in the far spots like everyone else.

I think it is imperative we save some handicap spots for people who really need them.

Bullying is non-discriminatory. It happens to everyone. How you DEAL with it is key. Are you going to be a victim? Or are you going to overcome the bullying and come away stronger?

It's really in the hands of each individual.

Have you seen peopleofwalmart.com? I think these people all need the handicap placards because they're all...well...handicapped.

Puig is only 22 years old and barely a year removed from defecting from Cuba. I think the media painted a pretty unfair portrait of him during this season, anxious to jump on every minor incident that displayed "reckless" character. And I wouldn't be surprised if someone whose already dealing with assimilating a new culture where he's been propelled to stardom has a bit more difficulty with even the standard hazing rituals.

Really talented people struggling with insecurities can often come off as cocky. And since we know little about his past and he only speaks Spanish, fans don't really connect to him, so he's viewed as a caricature.

The idea that adults can't be bullied is absurd, and reveals a lack of empathy in a person.

Better stated than I. Good job.

Storm comparing what goes on here to what goes on in the locker rooms of professional sports teams. I hace no knowledge of what goes on there, but I'm going to say they're not similar.

And how much someone makes is irrelevant to whether or not they should put up with it. So it's ok to "bully"or whatever word you want to use a guy who makes a lot of money, but not ok to do the same to someone who's unemployed?

I'm going to go to a mental health clinic and ask why everyone is there. They don't need help with what they're dealing with, they just need to be a man about it. It's a part of life.

True ignorance

I am ingnorant? I accuse you of being a bully.

It is sad state of affairs when a man can take being picked 9n. What an f'n whiner. And your are wrong what goes on here is far worse than what goes on in the locker room. And I know that from experience.

Nobody here knows what it's like to be in a NFL locker room. So criticizing Martin's character because he feels he was bullied can be viewed as an ignorant statement.  The fact the Dolphins indefinitely suspended Incognito speaks volumes of how severe these accusations are. We'll just have to wait til the investigation is over.

I am ingnorant? I accuse you of being a bully.

It is sad state of affairs when a man can take being picked 9n. What an f'n whiner. And your are wrong what goes on here is far worse than what goes on in the locker room. And I know that from experience.

To be quite honest, you sound like you have experience being a bully.

Bullying is a trendy word these days - when I was kid growing up where I did in NY I was bullied once - I was at a bus stop with a girl and her ex who was older than me came up and punched me so hard I blacked out - that sucked . But being called a name or having someone say mean things here or there - not really bullying in my book - if we keep calling everything "bullying" no one will ever be able to cope with the occasional insult or mean look from another person .

Edited by vlad27