• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howell: Dodgers Bullied Puig

YouthofToday

Nobody here knows what it's like to be in a NFL locker room. So criticizing Martin's character because he feels he was bullied can be viewed as an ignorant statement.  The fact the Dolphins indefinitely suspended Incognito speaks volumes of how severe these accusations are. We'll just have to wait til the investigation is over.

First, I know what it is like to be in a college basketball locker room.  So I do know a little about hazing and teasing is a right of passage.  

Second, had Martin claimed he was being harassed, or threatened by Incognito I would not have said anything.  He claimed he was a being bullied.  Martin, you are a 300 lb football player, grow some balls.

To be quite honest, you sound like you have experience being a bully.

LMAO

Quite the contrary, I was 5'7 75 lbs freshman in High School.  I was 6'2 145 lb senior in high school.  I was teased to all the time for my lack of weight and being skinny.  I was the guy who many today would call the victim of being bullied.  I will not lie, it was hard to take at times However,  I didn't whine about it.  Teasing is a sign of affection among guys.  It is a right of passage. That was when I was a teenager.  

As I matured I realized that I shouldn't worry about what others say.  Among my friends who teased me, I learned to tease back.  Among people I didn't care about who teased me, I just said "f*** them, they are nobodies anyway".    

Now don't get me wrong, I have read stories how bullying has pushed some teenagers to suicide and I find that tragic.  I know first hand how difficult it is for a teenager.  I can see how true bullying needs to be stopped because the victims are weak minded and lack self confidence as the go through a tough time in high school.  However, I have no sympathy for a grown man to whine about bullying.  He has no balls as far I am concerned.  A real man should not let bullying effect them.  

Yeah you guys are right, people should just put up with the bully mentality that occurs. While I would somewhat agree that bullying is much more commonplace amongst the youths than adults, one needs to remember that many athletic locker rooms are very much an immature society where stupidity and immature behavior reigns. No worries though, just grow thick skin and deal with it and lets not try to better a segment of society that is clearly in need of such. 

That is a truly ignorant stance and while there will always be losers who feel the need to bully due to their personal perceived deficiencies, that does not mean an attempt should not be made to reduce the occurrences of such activity. The weight and height of an individual has no bearing on their mental state and ability to handle harsh teasing/bullying. People have always cried wolf in society or overreacted, which is why the term exists in our lexicon in the first place. That may be the case with Howell or even Martin but that does not mean it should not be taken seriously and investigated. 

There is way too much estrogen in this thread and none of it came from baseballmom.

Puig was an asshole last season, not responding to his managers and coaches instructions. He was a pain in his teammates side with his temper tantrums. He got benched, fined, pulled out of games early not because he was a model player. It was because he was not behaving like a proffessional in a men's league.

Whatever the response he received in the locker room was equal to his missbehavior. All the child coddling ends when you are 22 and making millions on a pennant contending team. There are expectations and Puig failed to live up to them.

It is not bullying when you are demanding adult behavior out of an adult.

LMAO

Quite the contrary, I was 5'7 75 lbs freshman in High School.  I was 6'2 145 lb senior in high school.  I was teased to all the time for my lack of weight and being skinny.  I was the guy who many today would call the victim of being bullied.  I will not lie, it was hard to take at times However,  I didn't whine about it.  Teasing is a sign of affection among guys.  It is a right of passage. That was when I was a teenager.  

As I matured I realized that I shouldn't worry about what others say.  Among my friends who teased me, I learned to tease back.  Among people I didn't care about who teased me, I just said "f*** them, they are nobodies anyway".    

Now don't get me wrong, I have read stories how bullying has pushed some teenagers to suicide and I find that tragic.  I know first hand how difficult it is for a teenager.  I can see how true bullying needs to be stopped because the victims are weak minded and lack self confidence as the go through a tough time in high school.  However, I have no sympathy for a grown man to whine about bullying.  He has no balls as far I am concerned.  A real man should not let bullying effect them.  

Thank you for confirming my suspicions.  "Whine" "grow some balls" "weak minded" "real man"....I guess you consider yourself a real man?

Absolutely no idea whether there really was something going on here with the Dodgers and Puig, or Howell is being oversensitive to something entirely different.

However, basically everything storm has said about the issue of bullying in locker rooms full of (supposed) adults and this "grow some balls and be a REAL man" junk is Grade-A wannabe macho bullshit.

In fact it's so impressively obtuse, I'm going to go ahead and give him a gold star

goldstar.jpg

Edited by jshep

Nobody is a real man unless they have fought off a Grizzly bear with nothing other than a loose leaf notebook.

The Big Lebowski: What makes a man, Mr. Lebowski?... Is it being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the cost? Isn't that what makes a man?

The Dude: Hmmm... Sure, that and a pair of testicles.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions.  "Whine" "grow some balls" "weak minded" "real man"....I guess you consider yourself a real man?

I like the comment about too much estrogen on this thread!

I never said I consider myself a real man or more of a man than someone else.  I am an adult.  And as an adult I am mature enough to ignore people and deal with my own problems internally.  I believe in self responsibility and I am not going to cry when someone says mean things to me.  Like I said in my thread to you (which btw you refused to address) I ignore people who I do not respect.  I am mature enough to ignore words.  

Now, as a student, I would be considered a person who was "bullied" not the bully.  As a professional I have been attacked publicly and privately on things I believe are unjust.  I have cried and whine about it.

I also find it very amusing that so many are concerned about adults being bullied, yet a lot of vile things are said on this board that are just nasty.  All of you are bullies according to your definition, and NO I do not see the difference between what goes on this board and "other bullying".  

Many on this board uses the term "needs to be slapped", "mensa", "fat" "doesn't care about winning" Do you guys really believe that friends and family of these people are not visiting this board?  You are hypocrites!  At least I am honest.  As much as I defend so many of the players and Scioscia on this board, I do not whine and call it Bullying.  Why, because they need to deal with it.  It comes with their profession!

Come honest people, do not defend an adult as a victim of bullying and then spew such VILE about people on this board.  

I like the comment about too much estrogen on this thread!

I never said I consider myself a real man or more of a man than someone else.  I am an adult.  And as an adult I am mature enough to ignore people and deal with my own problems internally.  I believe in self responsibility and I am not going to cry when someone says mean things to me.  Like I said in my thread to you (which btw you refused to address) I ignore people who I do not respect.  I am mature enough to ignore words.  

Now, as a student, I would be considered a person who was "bullied" not the bully.  As a professional I have been attacked publicly and privately on things I believe are unjust.  I have cried and whine about it.

I also find it very amusing that so many are concerned about adults being bullied, yet a lot of vile things are said on this board that are just nasty.  All of you are bullies according to your definition, and NO I do not see the difference between what goes on this board and "other bullying".  

Many on this board uses the term "needs to be slapped", "mensa", "fat" "doesn't care about winning" Do you guys really believe that friends and family of these people are not visiting this board?  You are hypocrites!  At least I am honest.  As much as I defend so many of the players and Scioscia on this board, I do not whine and call it Bullying.  Why, because they need to deal with it.  It comes with their profession!

Come honest people, do not defend an adult as a victim of bullying and then spew such VILE about people on this board.  

dde01a7a92aa19b4972b4fb097b332686e4ba1f0

However, basically everything storm has said about the issue of bullying in locker rooms full of (supposed) adults and this "grow some balls and be a REAL man" junk is Grade-A wannabe macho bullshit.

Ironically if you were to say something this dumb in a locker room full of male athletes you would be laughed at then immediately taken to the nearest bathroom stall for a swirly.

But continue to let the safety net of behind your keyboard justify typing stuff you would never say in real life. To each macho his own.

I think it really depends what exactly the incident consisted of. Puig doesn't strike me as the type who would be intimidated by a few baseball players...

Bullies suck. Puigs attitude does as well. Not saying he (or anyone) deserves to be messed with. But if whatever occured is rookie hazing, it is what it is.

I respect everyone on here who says its not acceptable. And for the most part I agree. But (and I'm not saying its any of you) people on this board (and media) constantly bash players for performance, their personality, life style etc. If that were to lead to hurt feelings, I doubt many would say it was bullying.

Again, I'm speaking as someone who has no clue what happened to puig. But most rookies get hazed. We see pictures of angel rookies dressed like fools every september and giggle. Is that any different? (Again keeping in mind no one knows exactly what happened).

And before anyone reads what I said about puigs attitude, let me clarify.

Puig has had a few run ins with people where he sounds likeba prick. (Could be totally undeserving). Do we know if this incident was a case of older guys putting him in his place? (No we don't).

Off topic, but rhetorical question. Does anyone think weavers a bully for when he messed with trout in spring two years ago?