• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Something for you kids to chew on

Brandon

Wells' contract was a dump alright, but not a salary one. Unless were talking about toronto.

Good post by brandon. Like he said, grain of salt. Unless its from someone directly involved, it should be noted that people hear rumors at work and go with them, whether or not they are confirmed. Nothing different thanour own jobs.

That said, there's been plenty of rumors through the grapevine that sosh wasn't a big naps fan. I would tend to believe this rumor just based on other things we've all heard before.

I believed her enough to post. She said it casually and didn't need to at all. Plus, she talked more about the wife/mom and this stuff was kind of in passing and her dinner with Sosh.

I could see Naps not fitting in with the Halos. If I remember correctly Wilson was getting in a few games for defensive reasons, ahead of both Napoli and Mathis.

One of the Angels / Red Sox games that year, Mathis airmailed a throw to centerfield, and a Red Sox fan remarked, "you don't see that every day!" I had to speak up and tell him that he didn't see the Angels all the time then. ;)

I believed her enough to post. She said it casually and didn't need to at all. Plus, she talked more about the wife/mom and this stuff was kind of in passing and her dinner with Sosh.

I believe it.

Just to clarify, in case I came off sounding like I was casting doubt, in was just piggybacking on what you said about 'don't shoot the messenger'. A lot of stuff gets contradicted by other rumors. But even if things aren't 100 percent accurate, when it comes from a reliable source, its still better than us on here just speculating.

things the Jays would have accepted in the Vernon Wells trade as opposed to Mike Napoli:

- a picture of Mike Napoli

- a painting of a picture of Mike Napoli

- a blueray copy of 'You don't mess with the Zohan'

- a signed Mountain Dew bottle from tank

- Chuck's couch

- a sandwich

- navel lint

- a gift card to TGI fridays

- nothing

This sounds believable but it doesn't have to mean that Arte didn't have his hands in the Wells trade, or that Reagins wasn't the driving force behind the deal. 

Ultimately a trade this bad probably only happens when two or three people are trying to steer the rudder at the same time. The logic of the move is so all over the place.

A salary dump? Lol. He was only making about 5 million and he had value in a trade. The Angels could've non-tendered him and they wouldn't have owed him a dime. 

As it turns out Napoli was traded to the Blue Jays along with Juan Rivera. Angels took on a huge contract in Vernon Wells. They saved $5.8M in salary by including Napoli in the trade. Napoli had some physical issues and hit .238 ave / 182.  RISP in 2010. Let's not forget that Morales and Trumbo were part of the 2011 team. Napoli's salary was too big for a part time player. He was never going to be a full time catcher. Napoli only played around 60 games as catcher for the Rangers in 2011.

I understand why the Angels traded him but I don't understand why he was included in the Wells trade. Juan Rivera should of been plenty for the Jays salary dump. Reagins got out played and was afraid the trade/Arte was going to blow up .

Napoli and Scioscia may have had their differences but Napoli got more playing time in Anaheim than he did in Texas in 2011.

It turned out to be the worst trade in Angels history.