• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Xbox One or PS4?

NrM

Xbox One or PS4  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which system will you be getting

• Xbox One
    • PS4
    • Both
    • Niether

Saw the price on the XBox One drop an additional $30 at Costco...now down $450 after less then 6 months.  Not packaged with any games but found that rather surprising.  Must be feeling sluggish sales.

The Kinect has definitely been disappointing. Developers aren't utilizing it even though everyone has a kinect.

I haven't had it plugged in for months now.

I've been playing tons of Infamous Second Son since it came out and having a lot of fun with it. It's just like the other two Infamous games but it's still very fun to run around and it's the first video game I've played that it's really hit me the potential power of the system going forward as far as graphics go.

The Kinect has definitely been disappointing. Developers aren't utilizing it even though everyone has a kinect.

I haven't had it plugged in for months now.

Comes down to demand...if the players aren't asking for it, the developers aren't going to use the resources to include it.  They may have to fold it in with standard games for a while until it people get used to the function.  Mass Effect 3 was an example of this idea.  You could play normally or choose to use Kinect, which apparently was pretty well integrated in to the game.  Like I said before, the odds of me using the Kinect are remote but it doesn't mean players in general won't start to embrace it at some point. 

• 1 month later...

The sales numbers are obviously driving this change...if things were going great they wouldn't abandon their "vision" of the XBONE being the central unit of your entertainment.  In this case, it appears their ambition exceeded their market demand or in other words, they were trying to give gamers something they weren't really asking for and charging them more for it.

Xbox One has a ton of promising exclusives in the works.

Like what?  I always had an Xbox but I was never really impressed by their exclusives.  Obviously Halo and GoW were huge hits but games like Fable and Forza fell way short of the competition.

I still haven't bought a console and I am not sure when/if I will buy one.  I like the media portion of the Xbox but really only care to play Kingdom Hearts and Gran Turismo which are PS4 exclusives.  FPS are 1000x better to play on a PC than a console and nothing else really looks interesting.

The sales numbers are obviously driving this change...if things were going great they wouldn't abandon their "vision" of the XBONE being the central unit of your entertainment. In this case, it appears their ambition exceeded their market demand or in other words, they were trying to give gamers something they weren't really asking for and charging them more for it.

Gamers, as a group, are notoriously stupid. It's best if they listen to people that know better.

Like what?  I always had an Xbox but I was never really impressed by their exclusives.  Obviously Halo and GoW were huge hits but games like Fable and Forza fell way short of the competition.

I still haven't bought a console and I am not sure when/if I will buy one.  I like the media portion of the Xbox but really only care to play Kingdom Hearts and Gran Turismo which are PS4 exclusives.  FPS are 1000x better to play on a PC than a console and nothing else really looks interesting.

D4, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Crackdown 3 just to name a few. I'm an avid PC myself so I'll probably wait a couple of years until each console has ample exclusives that are worth playing. 

Fable was a steaming pile no doubt but GT over Forza?  GT4 was great but with 5 and 6 they seriously lost their way.

Gamers, as a group, are notoriously stupid. It's best if they listen to people that know better.

Like the ones who told them to charge $100 more then the competitition to justify the inclusion of a peripheral that's viewed as a gimmick?  Those guys?

Welp I'm kind of pissed. I got the Xbox One buying into the fact that the developers would utilize the Kinect because it was included with every Xbox. What we got was even less than what was on the original Kinect.

I've literally used the Kinect for a total of 30 minutes.

The voice commands are dumb, pointless and not accurate enough.

Edited by Poozy

• 3 weeks later...

D4, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Crackdown 3 just to name a few. I'm an avid PC myself so I'll probably wait a couple of years until each console has ample exclusives that are worth playing. 

I loved the previous Crackdown games.