• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Xbox One or PS4?

NrM

Xbox One or PS4  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which system will you be getting

• Xbox One
    • PS4
    • Both
    • Niether

The only thing xbox users really can say at this point is that xbox live is superior. Or at least it was on the 360 and that's if you don't care about paying for online play vs it being free. But I have a feeling Sony is going to make their online services much better this generation since it was kind of a gripe last generation.

I haven't read enough into the differences between the two.

I'm an Xbox guy (never been a playstation person) but I've heard nothing but negatives when it comes to xbox one. I'm freaking tossed on what to eventually get.

Don't believe in all the negative crap. It's going to be a solid system. Get whichever system has the games you prefer. I've always been a xbox guy and I'm just more comfortable with the interface, controller and games.

Plus I think some of the technology is interesting. You can hate on the kinect all you want, but it does have some potential. This is coming from a guy who never bought the first kinect.

Hell even something like kinect fitness can be ground breaking. There's a lot it can do, and now that it's included in every box, more developers will utilize it.

Edited by Poozy

• 2 weeks later...

My launch edition PS3 bit the dust this weekend.  I was about to go scouring the area for a PS4 when I found out that it doesn't act as a media player anymore.  That is the main feature I use on the PS3.  Guess I will try to get an Xbox instead.

You can send it in to Sony to have it fixed for ~$140 I think. Not sure if it's worth it though now that the new consuls are coming out.

Not worth it but thanks.

I ended up going with this for now:  http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S590-Blu-ray-Player-Wi-Fi/dp/B006U1YUZE

Paid 90 bucks for it though, that price is inflated.

It streams from any DLNA player in many different formats.  More than the PS3.

Now I have no reason to buy one of the new consoles until KH3 comes out.

Why not 

Not worth it but thanks.

I ended up going with this for now:  http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S590-Blu-ray-Player-Wi-Fi/dp/B006U1YUZE

Why not just get a Roku? 

Not worth it but thanks.

I can probably get you one for much cheaper than that. The only problem is you live in BFE now.  :blink:

Roku only streams from Plex.  My NAS can't install Plex, I use Twonky for my DLNA server.  Also, Roku doesn't play anywhere near the amount of file formats that the PS3 or that BluRay player does.

Plus, yea, having a Bluray player makes it more valuable.

Roku only streams from Plex.  My NAS can't install Plex, I use Twonky for my DLNA server.  Also, Roku doesn't play anywhere near the amount of file formats that the PS3 or that BluRay player does.

Plus, yea, having a Bluray player makes it more valuable.

I only understand about half of what you said. 

Roku is only good for Netflix/Hulu/Youtube, etc.  It does not natively stream movies from file sharing devices like Network Attached Storage(NAS, basically hard drives with an operating system and a network card).  There is an app for it that enables it but you can only do it through their proprietary server which my NAS does not support.

I have hundreds of movies and TV shows on my NAS, it is my primary source of entertainment.  They stream using a protocol called DLNA or uPNP.  The old PS3 had a DLNA player on it, the new PS4 does not.

Roku is only good for Netflix/Hulu/Youtube, etc.  It does not natively stream movies from file sharing devices like Network Attached Storage(NAS, basically hard drives with an operating system and a network card).  There is an app for it that enables it but you can only do it through their proprietary server which my NAS does not support.

I have hundreds of movies and TV shows on my NAS, it is my primary source of entertainment.  They stream using a protocol called DLNA or uPNP.  The old PS3 had a DLNA player on it, the new PS4 does not.

why not transfer whatever it is you want to watch onto a flashdrive and plug it into your console.?

Yes, basically it is just a protocol that indexes all of the media on a storage device.  The player reads the index to get the file path and plays it as if it were attached to the device.

I use it for more than just my ps3.  I stream music from it from numerous devices and also on computers.  It is excellent, just need a player.  The one I have is older, which is why it can't run Plex.  I want a new one but the chore of transferring 4TB of data makes me cringe.

• 2 weeks later...