• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Xbox One or PS4?

NrM

Xbox One or PS4  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which system will you be getting

• Xbox One
    • PS4
    • Both
    • Niether

Joined the big leagues yesterday. 

I got the PS4 GTA V/Last of Us bundle, FIFA 15, The Evil Within, and Watch Dogs. I almost got Assassin's Creed Unity, but it was regular price and I had no idea what I was buying or what it was all about so I left it at the register. I actually hate getting this many games at once because I never play them all or give them fair shares of time.

Came home and set up the new beast since all the initial installs take a while. Got Last of Us downloaded (the bundle is a digital copy only) and GTA 5 which took a long time, but the load times are dramatically less. I didn't play much, but went through the initial GTA scenes and play just to see how everything looked in 1080. We recently bought a new tv as well so I'm a happy camper.

I need to mess with it more, but the PS4 having voice function is pretty badass (I already had the wireless Sony headset) and like that they didn't vary from the controller too much. Everything has been really streamlined and easy to set up and upload as well.

The only neg is a temp one and that's that we couldn't set up HBO Go because it's not ready yet for PS4.

I'm also surprised with PS Plus. I knew PS users had to start paying for online, but it's only ~$4 a month if you buy the year. Not bad at all. for some reason I thought it was $20 a month.

Edited by Brandon

I ended up pulling the trigger on the refurbished One with Kinect bundle for 229 after the trade in credit. Free Dance Central, Forza 5 and Halo collection, also. There's some other game included, but I don't much care about it. Merry Christmas.

Just looked at Overstock.com. PS4 is sold out (was $399.99), XBox One with Assassin's Creed holiday bundle and Watch Dogs is $449.99. The have a lower priced XBox One bundle with Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed Black Flag for $329.99.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see Microsoft offering great deals for people who have Gold.

http://majornelson.com/2014/12/15/countdown-2015-deals-start-tuesday/

I think I'm done with purchasing games on day one.

Also going to switch to all digital.

No point in buying broken ass games for 60 dollars when I can wait a few months, pay half the price, and get a game that actually runs like it should.

Edited by Poozy

On black Friday my 3 of friends walked up to the line at Walmart @6 and were the only ones in line to get ps4's. In and out in 20 minutes i still dont understand it to this day but hey f it! Playing both now the Xbox one and PS4 i would suggest the PS4. I don't have any big tech reasons as to why it's just a preference in gameplay. I have played FIFA 15 religiously on both systems and the play is much smoother and cleaner on the PS4. It's only one game i know but that's just my preference so far... This is coming from an Xbox owner the past 6+ years...

Oh and i am not a fan of the new xbox one controllers, to bulky and fat... suppose thats another reason as to why i prefer the PS4

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it was "Lizard Squad" who have been responsible for several other DDoS attacks.

Anyway our Blu Ray player took a dump this morning.  Tried to put in Home Alone and it wouldn't load, turns out no discs would load, BR or DVD so time for a new one.  Instead of spending another $100 on a BR player we are just going to get an XB One.  I was originally planning on getting a PS4 but they still don't have DLNA support and that is a big deal for me.  Plus Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be on the XBONE so it is a pretty easy decision.

We also got a Wii U as a gift.  Mario Kart 8 and the Super Mario 3D World games are pretty fun.  Wii U is actually a pretty good console.

I got my XBone today. I decided to completely re do the travesty that was the wiring in the living room, so I don't have it up and running, but I'm pumped.

I got GTA 5, Forza Horizon 2, Destiny and Kinect Sports. I can't wait to fire it up.

I have to put off the install to go see the stupid Hobbit, but I'll be back at it in 500 hours or however long this POS happens to be.

I too rewired my entertainment center when I got the xbone setup.

I didn't get the Kinect version.  Not a fan of having a camera always on and pointed at my living room.  Plus the Kinect stuff seems mostly gimicky and I don't want the xbox to control my other media devices like directv, etc.  I have it plugged into my Harmon Kardon AVR2700.

The system works well, the UI is a bit counter intuitive for me but it does the job.  The media player works great which is what I wanted it for the most.  We got Diablo 3 for it which is fun to play with my wife.  Been years since we played a coop game together.  I actually enjoy it more than the PC version for that reason.

The system looks sleek as hell in the entertainment center, I plugged in a small Logitech wireless keyboard/touchpad that I use for one of my Raspberry Pi systems and it works well.

My one complaint is that the little $25 multimedia remote isn't Bluetooth, it is IR and a bit clunky.  It has that rubber type finish with recessed buttons so they aren't that easy to press on top of having to point the remote directly at the Xbox to get it to work.

The other crazy thing is controllers cost $65, holy shit!  We paid $75 and got the one with the rechargeable battery.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...