• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Xbox One or PS4?

NrM

Xbox One or PS4  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which system will you be getting

• Xbox One
    • PS4
    • Both
    • Niether

Still too early to make any long term predictions. As bad as MS has started it's still better than Sony did last generation and the sales came out about even mostly due to the strong in house game releases by Sony and the eventual hardware issues that plagued the 360. The console race will certainly look different in 3 or 4 years which will be halfway into the expected life cycles this generation.

Edited by Thomas Crow

• 2 weeks later...

I think if Xbox removes the Kinect from their package and has a corresponding price drop, it will turn around for them. Hardcore gamers don't care about the Kinect (at least I don't). Xbox and Xbox Live have a large group of loyal followers that are waiting for those two things to happen. I would be in that group.

I think Sony just beat Microsoft to the punch when it came to release, that is all.  They released the PS4 first and a lot of people rushed out to buy the next gen system.  The X-Box One came out right after and by that time, a lot of people had already dropped $400 on a PS4.  Not a whole lot of people are going to spend another $500 just a few weeks later.

In the long run, each company will be just fine in terms console sales.  Microsoft should be focusing on games and making really great exclusive titles.  Then when this holiday season comes up, capitalize on it all.

And then there is this.

I think Sony just beat Microsoft to the punch when it came to release, that is all.  They released the PS4 first and a lot of people rushed out to buy the next gen system.  The X-Box One came out right after and by that time, a lot of people had already dropped $400 on a PS4.  Not a whole lot of people are going to spend another $500 just a few weeks later.

In the long run, each company will be just fine in terms console sales.  Microsoft should be focusing on games and making really great exclusive titles.  Then when this holiday season comes up, capitalize on it all.

And then there is this.

Well you're pretty off on this. The PS4 was sold out for weeks after it's release.

The PS4 is definitely selling a lot more simply because it's 100 dollars cheaper. 

The point I was trying to make is some people are making it seem like the XBox is dying and it certainly isn't. The PS4 may be out selling it now but in a year or two, who knows. I know lots of people who haven't moved on from the 360 because they don't have to yet.

I'm eagerly awaiting the launch of Titanfall this Tuesday. I'm really interested in checking out this cloud processing Microsoft has been bragging about.

The point I was trying to make is some people are making it seem like the XBox is dying and it certainly isn't. The PS4 may be out selling it now but in a year or two, who knows. I know lots of people who haven't moved on from the 360 because they don't have to yet.

I'm eagerly awaiting the launch of Titanfall this Tuesday. I'm really interested in checking out this cloud processing Microsoft has been bragging about.

The XBox isn't dying and especially with how the PS3 started out last generation and ended up, it's hard to write off anything at all this early.

But as it stands for the time being, it's not really that close between the two systems. PS4 just launched in Japan a couple weeks ago, which the XBox One had a worldwide head start on PS4 despite launching a week later overall, and the PS4 is sure to succeed in Japan (it topped the PS3s sales numbers for opening week).

The PS4's sales seem to be constrained by supply as they are even still kind of hard to come by and definitely were pretty a rare a month or two ago while you could easily walk into a Target or Best Buy and find plenty of XBox Ones on the shelf.

Overall, it'll be pretty close throughout both lifespans. A lot of people who own PS4s will eventually also buy an XBox One further down the line (I plan to after a price drop maybe a year from now), and when games for both start to churn out. 

I think if Xbox removes the Kinect from their package and has a corresponding price drop, it will turn around for them. Hardcore gamers don't care about the Kinect (at least I don't). Xbox and Xbox Live have a large group of loyal followers that are waiting for those two things to happen. I would be in that group.

Agree...I had the Kinect on the 360 and never used it...ended up trading it back in.  I'm not paying $100 extra for something I don't intend to use.  If the XBoxOne comes without Kinect for $399 that would jumpstart their sales but it would mean MS would have declare defeat on their mission to "own your living room".  Just give me something to play Next Gen Games on 

Titanfall is awesome. I played the beta non stop. Hadn't had that much fun in a shooter since CoD4.

Agree...I had the Kinect on the 360 and never used it...ended up trading it back in.  I'm not paying $100 extra for something I don't intend to use.  If the XBoxOne comes without Kinect for $399 that would jumpstart their sales but it would mean MS would have declare defeat on their mission to "own your living room".  Just give me something to play Next Gen Games on 

This times a thousand

Ummm...belligerent?  Slightly upset and take it personally?  Don't know how you got that from my quote.  Feel free to read whatever you want to into it but text was pretty clear - I didn't use Kinect before, don't intent to use it in the future and will probably only buy the XboxOne when price drops to $399 or they lose Kinect, pretty straightforward.  I'm not challenging or berating those who did...if you find a use for it, good for you, you got your money's worth.  MS has had to reverse their vision for the XboxOne a few times due to being tonedeaf to what gamers want, which is where the bulk of their sales come from in regards to consoles.  I wouldn't be surprised if a Kinect-less version is out sooner rather than later if the Titanfall bundle fails to jumpstart sales. 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think even with the Walmart deal the Xbox is waaay too overpriced. At least Sony have learned their lesson and adjusted their price to a sensible level. Historically PS3 was the most expensive console, now the Xbox one comes in second, PS4 is 5th. Much more reasonable: http://www.statista.com/chart/1625/video-game-console-prices/

Not if you adjust for inflation.