• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

8 hours ago, RallyMo said:

repealing obamacare is going to be politically tied to the insurance mandate so the republicans will declare victory but allowing pre-existing conditions is the true determining factor of keeping lives within the system.  There has been some speculation that there will be privatization but I just don't see that happening.  The scaffold will remain regardless of how they adjust it.  

It's a moot point either way as the delivery system is going to the determine the future of healthcare.  As long as they de-emphasize a volume based fee for service approach and focus on comprehensive care with appropriate utilization management, the paradigm will continue to shift toward consolidation.

It's interesting that while architecture of the Obamacare has it's issues, the response of the healthcare system as almost a protective mechanism has led to this trend of consolidation that will ultimately make the system better.  So in some respects, it's a success in a way.  

Almost as if it got a shove in the right direction.  But the consolidation isn't complete as of yet and taking away the impetus might stall what is necessary.  In other words, if they try to correct the problems with obamacare too soon it will remove that motivation.  

trump being interviewed on 60 minutes sunday night. he gets asked about scrapping obamacare and says there are some parts of it he'll keep but by and large dump the rest of it. said he won't let time go by with people not having any coverage - he'll remove obamacare and replace it with trumpcare at the same time.

The only people I have ever met that had fibromyalgia were women. Stay at home moms that didn't do housework. I'm sure that is not a real indication of a made up or real physical dysfunction but ...

Are you able to vacuum, do the dishes, change loads of laundry? If not you probably have Fibromyalgia . 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The only people I have ever met that had fibromyalgia were women. Stay at home moms that didn't do housework. I'm sure that is not a real indication of a made up or real physical dysfunction but ...

Are you able to vacuum, do the dishes, change loads of laundry? If not you probably have Fibromyalgia . 

Blarg has as much sympathy for people with medical disorders as yk has for...people of all kinds.

I got a rebate!!!

Horizon BC/BS sent me a check for $1041.00 refund for having a loss ratio less than 80%

Never had this happen before, and never knew they did this, but it just about covers my rate increase for next year.

Horizon BC/BS of NJ was supposedly 1 of 2 BC/BSs that showed a profit last year....

Yay Chris Christie, Yay ObamaCare. I take back everything I said.

• 3 weeks later...

President Obama's weekly radio address, yesterday:

Hi, everybody. On the first day of my administration, I promised to restore science to its rightful place. I told you we would unleash American innovation and technology to tackle the health challenges of our time. Over the last eight years, we’ve delivered on that promise in many ways, both big and small -- including, of course, providing health coverage to 20 million more Americans, and making health care more affordable for all Americans.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/12/03/weekly-address-pass-21st-century-cures-act

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The Republicans held a midnight vote to repeal Obamacare. I wonder why they did it in the middle of the night?

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/senate-vote-obamacare-repeal-measure-late-night-session-n705816

This wasn't a vote to repeal Obamacare, it was to setup the reforms to allow Trump to repeal it when he gets sworn in. Do you guys read the articles? The democrats wasted time trying to obstruct the votes.

Also it appears these "vote-o-ramas" are common.