• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

i think he'd be best to revise the things in obamacare that have caused the most problems, like getting rid of that stupid fine for people who opt not to buy in. he also needs to find a way to make sure that the poor are able to keep their coverage while those in the middle class who were totally screwed over by this idiocy are able to get quality health insurance at a reasonable price again, whether through the exchange or through their work. 

i'm not sure what other liabilities there are, but those have been the complaints i've seen the most.

i think it would be a bad idea to completely scrap the whole thing and start over. i think it would cost him a lot of support with many voters, especially if he has plans of running for a second term against kanye.

Tank, the entire system is based on healthy people subsidizing the poor and unhealthy. You can't wave a magic wand and say the poor get affordable care, the middle class gets affordable care and the sick keep their coverage regardless of the costs to the system. The prices are not rising simply to line pockets, the system is upside down in costs with not enough revenue.

It is a complete socialized disaster with no real solution except to either being completely abolished or government subsidized by taxation of some sort.

ACA removed far too many market forces from the calculation and did nothing to address the already rising costs of coverage.

• Limited plans to what is available state by state rather than nationwide
  • Forced insurers to cover preexisting conditions at no extra cost
  • Forced all plans to carry a high level of coverage without the ability to pick and choose coverage you want / don't need
  • The fine for not carrying insurance is significantly lower than the cost of a plan itself. With high premiums and co-pays there is little reason for most healthy young people to buy in.

This is not to mention the strain they put on small and medium sized businesses who are forced to carry expensive plans for their full-time workforce. The cost of most benefits and applicable employer taxes is somewhere around $10 per hour. 

If they are going to forces insurers to cover pre-existing conditions then they need to include a tax on obesity / smoking / inbreeding.

I doubt he fully repeals it, but with a republican congress, he's probably gonna rescind a bunch of the regulations.

I bet he removes that it's mandatory.  

He has also said that he's gonna let providers cross state line to increase competition and encourage the use of HSAs.  

There was also a mention of doing block grants for medicaid patients, providing tax relief on premiums.  

He could also be a bit more subtle about things and phase out funding to certain portions of it which would essentially kill it.  

forcing high level and often unnecessary coverage is done to offset the coverage of those with preexisting conditions. 

The solution everyone wants is a unicorn.  Cheap, high quality, unlimited and immediate access healthcare isn't possible.  Attempts to provide such have put whole nations on the verge of bankruptcy which usually ends up as rationing.  

I am not sure our culture would accept some sort of hybrid system where some get the above because they can afford it, while others could go cheap but would end up with the canadian model.  

4 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I work in an industry where doctors are basically the only ones not considered crooks to some extent.  Yet I have to be very careful who I send my clients to, because many times my choices are an insurance company whore who tells a guy whose arm is falling off to rub some dirt on it and get back to work (making a ton from the insurance companies for his valuable medical opinion) or a doctor who tells a guy with a sprained ankle that he needs surgery immediately (making a ton off of the insurance company for the surgery).  

Doctors are douchebags who care about the almighty dollar just as much as the next guy.  

that minority that you're exposed to.  yes.  Although I am not sure why being concerned about the almighty dollar makes someone automatically a douchebag.  

Anyone who purposefully manipulates the system for their own end could certainly be called a douchbag.  Most people just call them lawyers.  

I have been lucky to have been in the hands of very skilled and concerned medical professionals .

My daughter in law was in a life threatening condition after a negligent surgeon botched a simple tubal ligation and punctured he small and large intestine and closed her up without knowing what he had done. Four days after surgery she is in emergency surgery for peritonitis and was in ICU for a week. 

The problem for patients is there is only word of mouth to guide them away from the meat factory doctors.