• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Surging With Pujols Out

Johnconrad

I'm guessing they handle it by playing him every day at either first or DH, hope he's fully recovered from his PF and hope he can rake again. If he can't, well he will still play every day.

Have there been any reports on what treatment he got?  I'm a pharmacist and have studied physiology some.  It's one of those things that doesn't really ever go away.

Last night was the first Angels game I've been able to watch in a long time and what I saw was classic Scioscia baseball, players diving all over the field to make defensive plays in support of their pitcher, a pitcher who was not pitching perfect, but didn't allow one mistake to compound itself into a big inning, and hitters and runners not trying to do too much other than putting the ball in play. But most of all I saw effort on the part of the players themselves.

Granted, this was a small sample size, but from what I've heard from other Angels fans who have been keeping me up to date, this has been going on recently in many of the game of late.

One person described it as "The Angels have finally found their 'give a f***'.". Last night I saw it.

While the contract sucks, it really isn't the team's main problem.  They need two starters for next season and a bunch of relief help.  The main reason this team has surge as much as it has recently is they get 4 solid starts out of 5 and Kohn/De La Rosa/Frieri have been relatively dependable lately.  

That's basically it...if the same offense show up next season, and they have 5 solid starters and an above-average BP, they in the playoff hunt.

Edited by mulwin444

While the contract sucks, it really isn't the team's main problem. They need two starters for next season and a bunch of relief help. The main reason this team has surge as much as it has recently is they get 4 solid starts out of 5 and Kohn/De La Rosa/Frieri have been relatively dependable lately.

That's basically it...if the same offense show up next season, and they have 5 solid starters and an above-average BP, they in the playoff hunt.

In before Pujols's contract won't allow us to get the pitching we need.