• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

any miley cyrus thoughts/comments?

I'm not a fan of her music, but I think she has a pretty good voice. Sure she's strange now, but I don't think it's anything worth getting worked up about. The whole she's a bad role model for kids thing is dumb. The hannah montana miley cyrus has been gone for a while now, so it's up to the kids to find someone else to look up to, should they look up to public figures in the first place

I really hate what she's doing in this transition phase. It's terribly offensive to fans and families alike. What's her message? "Hey girls, here's where you go after being a nice kid. Whore it up, that's the next step!"

I get that she wants everyone to know she's not a little girl, and it's okay to experiment a bit. But this? This is the kind of behavior that ruined Brittney and Lohan, and it's terribly confusing to kids who look up to them. Her handlers are way, way out of line or pushing, leading or supporting her in going this direction.

Overlooked by a lot of people in this is Robin Thicke. What a tasteless song, and what a douchey thing for him (34 and married) to do to pretend he was ramming her (20 and confused) from behind. Completely disrespectful and inappropriate way to perform in front of kids.

I don't care for her music(of course I couldn't be any less in the target demographic).

The VMAs performance was pretty dumb, not because of how overtly sexual she was being or anything, it was just weird and not in a way that I found enjoyable.

But I just can't muster up a strong opinion on her beside that. She's a 20 year old girl who had a pretty crazy/messed up/unorthodox childhood who is now acting out very publicly.

I certainly wouldn't want my hypothetical children to follow in her footsteps of late, but as someone who is in no way affected positively or negatively by what Miley Cyrus does: whatever.

Overlooked by a lot of people in this is Robin Thicke. What a tasteless song, and what a douchey thing for him (34 and married) to do to pretend he was ramming her (20 and confused) from behind. Completely disrespectful and inappropriate way to perform in front of kids.

If I could banish any three individual artists to the depths of hell, I'd pick Robin thicke, rihanna, and bruno mars

Meh, these rebellion chicks come onto the scene all the time. Whether Brittney, Christina, or any of these other en vogue artists like Lady Gaga or even Taylor Swift has been controversial. I don't know her, her music, or her gimmick.

I really don't care or care about the reaction. Parents need to be role models, not celebs or athletes. Control and love your kids and they won't care to act the fool or emulate trash.

While I agree to a point, I still think public figures (especially one who knows for a fact that kids are following them) should meet some kind of responsibility.

That being said, this isn't some shocking surprise.  If you let your kids watch the VMA, then that is on the parent.  It's not like they haven't been the shock factor on tv capitol

Also, if a parent still allows their kids to watch Miley, that is on them too.  It's not like she hasn't been going down this road for a while now.

Well, this is pretty much what you'd expect nowadays. They can't all be Taylor Swift and use their talent before their looks. I'm probably a little biased when I say that but most role models for kids don't come close to being as well grounded as her.

Edited by Agalloch

I see both sides of your first paragraph. I think once you are a celebrity in any field you have to accept a certain responsibility whether you like it or not. However, whether it's them or others kids look up to, there is always going to be a figure kids look up to or want to emulate. I think parents have a responsibility to try and steer them towards positive figures and role models opposed to the slutty musical artist or thug wannabe athlete. It's tough and peer pressure from other kids being into these celebs is the biggest obstacle. But for the most part I agree with you.

With the second paragraph, yeah I remember in high school Marilyn Manson was on one of the award shows and showed his ass in a thong and it was a big deal. It sounds like you're smart enough, but others need to comprehend what is on TV or the possibilities of what their kids can be exposed to (like in the main forum where some guy has his 8 year old reading a public internet forum where anyone can say anything at any time).

Agreed with the third paragraph. And this was where I thought parents should steer kids to positive role models. I never had it but was attracted to ingenuity and successful people, I see people trying to direct youth towards these positive influences, but with a girlfriend that is a therapist and her stories that sadly isn't possible for all kids.

I could be wrong as I don't have kids, but I feel like I have an outside perspective opposed to a lot of people that sadly have blinders on with their kids or youth in general. That said, I'd still give more credit to most logical parents in this instance and their input.