• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

any miley cyrus thoughts/comments?

I would hope they could make decisions on their own and not be influenced by a celebrity.  

Go to any college campus and you'll see that kind of stuff every day.  It's honestly nothing out of the ordinary for people her age.

okay, you want to excuse it as nothing but the norm. give me a holler when you have kids and you're trying to help them develop discernment and a moral compass.

You bet, and while she's under my roof, my wife and I are going to do all we can to guide her, help her develop her discernment, and help her develop a solid moral compass so that when shes on her own and confronted with those kinds of choices and temptations, she'll make a good decision. You're suggesting that behavior like Miley's is somewhat inevitable, and I greatly disagree with that.

If Miley and young girls want to be whores, so be it.

But what's bullsh*t is that MTV and all these other tabloid style shows and radio stations have become such an unavoidable medium for these trashy whores to be glamourized in front of people to no end. And this doesn't exclude pee-in-the-mop-bucket-boy and woman-beater and all the other losers either. To be honest I find it insulting they think I am stupid enough to be entertained by some 20 year old baby dancing naked, playing with her va**na, and giving out handies and lap dances to any Joe or Harry she can get her filthy fingers on.

They way its been declining so rapidly I'm not sure society deserves a little more credit anymore, but I can tell you one thing I sure as hell do.

Edited by CaliAngel

Kids aren't going to be shielded from this anyway. The next day I'm sure the kids at school were pulling out their iPhones and youtubing the performance.

It's up to parents to teach their kids and lead them down a good path so when they do see this they don't even really care or wish to emulate it. With technology everything is prevalent....both wrong stuff we don't want our kids to do, but equally positive material.

I actually find it more concerning when parents try to hide everything and are overbearing and protective. We all heard and said the same stuff as kids that coming generations do, just show them better habits and lifestyles without being the overprotective type that has their kid sneak out in the middle of the night and steal the car to pick up her boyfriend at 15 years old like the girlfriends neighbor the other night.

(Granted this family of Mormons are bothersome and we consistently hear them fighting or how the mom talks to the kids. It's rough as an observer)

You're suggesting that behavior like Miley's is somewhat inevitable, and I greatly disagree with that.

I agree with most of what you have been saying, tank. My daughter is significantly younger than yours, so I don't necessarily worry about this yet. I know that one of my main goals is to guide her to make sound decisions and filter through the mainstream garbage being marketed at her. However, I feel there is a certain 'inevitability' to bad behavior. This does not mean that every college age girl will grind guys in public, or be 'whores', but even the greatest moral compass will lead a good kid into bad decisions, some of which will be inappropriate. As a parent, it will be my hope these decisions are not typical behavior patterns, but that my child will be able to look back at her actions and analyze her judgement. 

If Miley and young girls want to be whores, so be it.

I think the other side to this issue is that it show boys how to treat women. I was getting my hair cut the other day and some middle school kid was on his iphone showing his little brother 'twerking' and explaining how it is when "girls shake their booties." Male expectation, to a certain degree, plays a part into girl's actions, which reinforces a cycle that needs sexual objects in the media for youth to imitate and idolize. 

Kids aren't going to be shielded from this anyway. The next day I'm sure the kids at school were pulling out their iPhones and youtubing the performance.

It's up to parents to teach their kids and lead them down a good path so when they do see this they don't even really care or wish to emulate it. With technology everything is prevalent....both wrong stuff we don't want our kids to do, but equally positive material.

I actually find it more concerning when parents try to hide everything and are overbearing and protective. We all heard and said the same stuff as kids that coming generations do, just show them better habits and lifestyles without being the overprotective type that has their kid sneak out in the middle of the night and steal the car to pick up her boyfriend at 15 years old like the girlfriends neighbor the other night.

(Granted this family of Mormons are bothersome and we consistently hear them fighting or how the mom talks to the kids. It's rough as an observer)

completely agree, not allowing your kids to watch any TV seems a little excessive. By the same token, it's also not good for the rules to be too loose. One of my daughter's friend's parents allowed her to watch Jersey Shore while she was in 4th grade. I'm not the overprotective type but I found that to be pretty disturbing.

My parents were very strict when I was growing up. When I went away to college I didn't go "whore it up" but I got drunk for the first time, and partied a lot. My grades probably weren't as good as they could have been.

I remember you...I'm pretty sure you and I had bull sweat shots at Bull's Tavern.

My parents were very strict when I was growing up. When I went away to college I didn't go "whore it up" but I got drunk for the first time, and partied a lot. My grades probably weren't as good as they could have been.

Good for you, and I'm sure you had fun.  But it is plainly evident to me you understand responsible behavior and kudos to your parents for the good job they did.

saw an interview with robin thicke last night. to no one's surprise, he didn't think there was anything wrong with their routine. 

I'm can't for the life of me figure out which planet these asshats get their moral compasses from.

Or maybe its just that they don't have one?

Edited by CaliAngel