• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

any miley cyrus thoughts/comments?

I see both sides of your first paragraph. I think once you are a celebrity in any field you have to accept a certain responsibility whether you like it or not. However, whether it's them or others kids look up to, there is always going to be a figure kids look up to or want to emulate. I think parents have a responsibility to try and steer them towards positive figures and role models opposed to the slutty musical artist or thug wannabe athlete. It's tough and peer pressure from other kids being into these celebs is the biggest obstacle. But for the most part I agree with you.

With the second paragraph, yeah I remember in high school Marilyn Manson was on one of the award shows and showed his ass in a thong and it was a big deal. It sounds like you're smart enough, but others need to comprehend what is on TV or the possibilities of what their kids can be exposed to (like in the main forum where some guy has his 8 year old reading a public internet forum where anyone can say anything at any time).

Agreed with the third paragraph. And this was where I thought parents should steer kids to positive role models. I never had it but was attracted to ingenuity and successful people, I see people trying to direct youth towards these positive influences, but with a girlfriend that is a therapist and her stories that sadly isn't possible for all kids.

I could be wrong as I don't have kids, but I feel like I have an outside perspective opposed to a lot of people that sadly have blinders on with their kids or youth in general. That said, I'd still give more credit to most logical parents in this instance and their input.

My daughter and I are very close and I know she respects me and my opinions but an 11 year old girl can only relate so much to a 49 year old bald guy who sings Johnny Cash songs while he's driving or even her mom who tends to be a bit preachy and inflexible on certain subjects. Fortunately, she has a 21 year old sister whom she idolizes and stays in constant contact with. The elder had my younger sister to do this with her and is very good about taking the time to explain things in a way she can understand and explaining her thought process in making decisions. I guess my conclusion from that is that, above and beyond parental guidance, at some point a mentor to whom kids can more closely relate their experiences is huge in getting them to understand the world.

Well it worked - there is no such thing as bad publicity - everyone is talking about it ( including me- ha!) . Miley really doesn't have a good voice and her songs are terrible so how do you get attention - this is how .

Here is how the next 3 years will go for her - more trashy acting out for about a year and a half - then she will go on some talk show in prime time and tell all that will trigger her trying to fix her life then maybe she has a kid and does a pseudo jazz album - the worst jazz we will ever hear

Most people say that he is behind this whole thing.

That's the thing that bugs me about this crap time and time again. Constant interest in heresay and controversy. "Most people think..." rumors that someone is behind it all laughing for publicity. Does that justify it? Does that even matter? Somebody is getting theirs from basically showcasing the year by year degredation of society that doesn't actually exist, it's just being shoved down peoples throats. Someone is okay with putting this stuff on the tubes. Somebody is okaying these kind of shows and getting views and getting celebrities like Will Smith to be there with his kids because its a "family award show"??? With fingering and gaga buttholes and hand jobs and dry humping??

It's all garbage. And nobody ever has the balls to stand up and say its garbage. Fu** mtv and all the hide behind the media train cowards that consistently push the bar of society downwards.

This kind of stuff does no good for anybody.

Bruno Mars is supremely talented!

As far as Miley's image and the whole "no such thing as bad publicity," does anyone really think that anyone talking badly about her VMA performance is going to buy her next CD? Sure everyone is talking about her, but in a poor light. So much so that these 15 year olds that do still like her will second guess their reasons because their peers in school will be talking so much crap about her to the point of making it "uncool" to like her.

Edited by xboom28x

I doubt there would be an uproar if she hadn't been Hannah Montana first. There are a ton of "artists" that are way more explicit than this was and no one says a damn thing. One young black artist gets the snot knocked out of her, makes a video about how she really liked it, and then gets back together with the man who beat her. Another young black singer and American idol judge holds a microphone I front of her and acts like it is a penis . She points it at the front row as if she is pissing on the audience. Is Miley being criticized because she is a little white Mouseketeer? Is it because black girls are supposed to act like this and white girls aren't? What are these people thinking? It is equally offensive to me no matter who is performing. I am sure there are some that criticize the way our black children are projecting themselves. But it sure isn't given a lot of air. Make no mistake, I a, not buying any of their music and could maybe tell you two song titles between the three of them. But I still recognize force fed media hype when I see it.

Brandon, good discussion.  I agree mostly with your thoughts on parenting and "role models".  I will say that parents can only go so far in trying to steer their kids in one direction before you get major push back.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you try to give your kids some semblance of guidance while at the same time giving them their own decisions to make (even if they are poor ones).  It is definitely one of the biggest challenges of being a parent.

Brandon, I don't mean to make race the issue at all. I just am pointing out the hippocracy that exists. Some are lauded for their artistry while others are crucified and they are doing almost the same act. And again I am not talking about how we are discussing this crap on AW. But the media has taken up the " bash Miley" mantra and is running with it. Let the people decide for themselves without media influence. My decision personally would be to buy none of that stuff. And if more refused to buy it, it would fade away. But there is demand so people will produce it. Even if it is trash.

I must disclose up front here that I do like a Billy ray Cyrus song.........it is called "It should have been me" . After this disclosure and after discussing this with my family and church I have decided to recuse myself from the rest of this discussion. I am sorry that it took me so long to disclose this very private matter. I will use this time to spend more time with my family . God bless Barndon. God bless ANgelswin and god bless the United States of America.