• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

i watched the last 2:24 of the game, bringing my total viewing of the nba this season to roughly 2:30 since play resumed from the lockdown.

always been a lakers fan but all the politics has made me feel very meh this year. couldn't get interested in any of it, tbh.

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

There was some discussion about the lack of Black NBA coaches and yet the Championship Lakers head coach is a white guy. Do the Lakers deserve criticism for hiring who they felt was the best coach for their team considering he wasn't a minority hire? Or does the results validate their choice?

"It's okay because the janitors and concession people are black." - cals

19 minutes ago, Blarg said:

There was some discussion about the lack of Black NBA coaches and yet the Championship Lakers head coach is a white guy. Do the Lakers deserve criticism for hiring who they felt was the best coach for their team considering he wasn't a minority hire? Or does the results validate their choice?

Way to enjoy the championship for 40 hours. 

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Something to realize:

Lakers have reached 32 NBA finals.

Celtics are next, 21 NBA Finals.

Are the Lakers at this point now the greatest franchise in NBA history?

21 finals and 17 titles >>> 32 finals and 17 titles

have at it, libs.

Report: AD plans to opt out and re-sign with Lakers

Anthony Davis appears to be staying put with the Los Angeles Lakers.

The seven-time All-Star plans to decline his $28.7-million player option for next season and re-sign with the Lakers, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.

Davis and his agent, Rich Paul, will reportedly negotiate a new contract with the club in the coming weeks.

The big man hinted at the possibility of returning during an Instagram Live appearance shortly after Los Angeles captured its record-tying 17th NBA title.

Davis thrived in his first season with the purple and gold, averaging 26.1 points, 9.3 boards, and 2.3 blocks. He also finished second in Defensive Player of the Year voting.

The Lakers also expect guards Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Rajon Rondo to decline their player options for 2020-21, Charania reports. The team has apparently expressed interest in bringing back both players.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 11:52 AM, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Rumor about a Demar Derozan for Kuz/Danny Green deal.  Probably BS, but thoughts?

Even though he can't buy a 3, do it. 

I don't think the money lines up, however, so another player would have to be involved (perhaps from a 3rd team).

"The Los Angeles Lakers are wasting no time as they prepare for their title defense.

Los Angeles has expressed interest in signing veteran sharpshooter Wesley Matthews, sources told The New York Times' Marc Stein. Matthews would replace Danny Green, who's reportedly close to being dealt to the Oklahoma City Thunder."

18 hours ago, Lou said:

Even though he can't buy a 3, do it. 

I don't think the money lines up, however, so another player would have to be involved (perhaps from a 3rd team).

That appears dead now with the Schroder trade.  I like the idea of signing Wes Matthews, too.  He'd need to opt out of his current deal and hopefully sign something similar with us, leaving us the full MLE to focus on another wing (Harkless, J. Grant?) or big (Ibaka?).