• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

New York is better prepared for a move to get Drummond.  They have players that they could give up and picks to trade.  We don't necessarily, at least not players that we'd want to give up.  Trading for him or signing him once he's bought out are two drastically different deals.  Only way this works for us is if Drummond has a no-trade and wants to have an opportunity to win.  

I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anddd, even with AD and LBJ still out along now with Kuz, they are 3-2 on the road trip with games at NY and Charlotte remaining on the trip.

They destroyed the Nets in Brooklyn with lights out 3 pt shooting.

Drummond is looking really solid, gives them even more than Howard did a year ago.   Scroeder is settling in nicely at the point.   TNT even put up 14 pts and 11 assists on the Nets.   McLemore is a solid addition, chipping in 17 vs the Nets.

If Kuz is back for the home stand and both AD and LBJ do come back in 2-3 weeks and can get into playoff form by the playoffs, look out.   This will be a very deep team.

Edited by Angel Oracle

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

What is the problem with the Lakers?

Is it THAT hard to incorporate AD and LBJ?

I mean, really, losing to the Queens and Raptors at home?

LeBron's ankle is still bothering him.

And yet they beat the Nuggets without LBJ and Schreoder, go figure.

Solid defense for 43 minutes in building 14 pt lead, and then had to hold on.

Still work to be done to avoid the playin games, four more games in the brutal stretch (Clippers, Blazers, Suns, and Knicks).

Speaking of which, the Knicks are finally relevant for the first time in many years.   And ironic their best player is former Laker, Julius Randle

Need to avoid the 9 vs 10 game though, so they would only need to win the 7 vs 8 game to get in.

Still three up on Warriors and Grizzlies with just 5 games to play.

Hoping for the Griz to edge out the Warriors for the 8th spot, do not want the Lakers having to stop Steph to make it to the playoffs.

Would prefer to only cut AD’s minutes some, and have Lebron return for the Rockets game which would give him 3 games to get ready for the playin game.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I am not worried about dropping to 8-10, I am confident the Rockets game is a win no matter if AD or Lebron plays so even if they lose the rest, the other teams will have to win out to pass the Lakers. 

As far as Lebron goes, I'm all for him coming back and playing some games before the playoffs but that is if his ankle is fully healed. Seems like he came back too early at 6 weeks as I read it takes at least 10 weeks for a high ankle sprain to heal fully. If that is the case I'm not worried if he comes back for the play in game.