• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Four in a row

Glen

Because winning literally, literally not figuratively, does nothing for anyone. Might as well go full suck mode and get marginally better draft slots for each round of the draft

Finish the season like we started because 4 game win streaks in August when you trail by 17 games are a false stat.

Edited by Hamiltown

Every year half of the top ten picks don't amount to shit. So like I said, I really don't get it

It's not just about having 1 high draft pick. It's about having 1 high draft pick that is protected so Arte can do whatever stupid crap he wants with his money and they still get it. Also their position for the rest of the draft is higher. If they offer Vargas a qualifying offer and he leaves, the Angels could end up with 3 picks higher than their number 1 pick last year (it may even be 4, I'm not entirely sure how it works).

So while you are correct that not all top 10 picks amount to anything, with all the advance scouting and rankings it's a much higher chance that he will end up being a good player than someone taken later in the draft. Of course it doesn't always work this way (see Trout) but having a better chance certainly helps.

Trout comes back from a 5 day injury (the Angels get swept in the series he doesn't play in), then he comes back on Friday and they win 4 straight. He brings so much more to the table then just his bat and defense, literally and figuratively.

Not to poke holes in your theory, I f'n love Trout, but he has been with the team for the rest of this putrid season.  Has a lot more to do with good starting pitching and Hamilton actually hitting.