• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Moreno made Tony Reagins the Scapegoat

I'm going to preface this by clarifying that I am in no way arguing that Tony Reagins was a good GM. He deserved to be fired because of the Wells and Kazmir trade, and the destroying of the farm system.

This post is made to discuss how the firing of Reagins was Arte's way of telling the fan base that everything is going to be okay. The problem is, guess who hired Tony Reagins? Arte Moreno. Guess who replaced Tony Reagins with Jerry Dipoto who has been a huge failure so far? Arte Moreno. We've hired two GM's, and there has been one common denominator in the shitty decision makings...Arte Moreno. He is the one who felt these two men were the right one's for the job. He's also the one that has reportedly been heavily involved in the two huge busts of signings ( Hamilton and Pujols). Responsibilty lies with the owner...the guy making the ultimate decisions. He clearly has no clue how to hire a man with a structured and organized way of building a ball club. He's got no one to blame but himself for this mess his team is in.

I'm sure Arte knows he's ultimately responsible for the team's performance. Probably because he's....the owner. He's also committed to winning a championship and will continue to make tough decisions to turn this team around. NOBODY is more disappointed with the season than Arte.

Saying that, I have full confidence Arte will right the ship. I wouldn't want any other owner, period.

I'm sure Arte knows he's ultimately responsible for the team's performance. Probably because he's....the owner. He's also committed to winning a championship and will continue to make tough decisions to turn this team around. NOBODY is more disappointed with the season than Arte.

Saying that, I have full confidence Arte will right the ship. I wouldn't want any other owner, period.

Really? You wouldn't want any other owner? I could think of many other owners I'd rather have. Arte is a good owner nice to the fans but for a good team I could think of plenty other owners who produce better teams. Heck even in Southern California I could think of a better owner.

I have little confidence Arte will turn this around.

Disappointment hardly implies competent decisions will suddenly be made after perhaps three years of historically unbelievably incompetent ownership decisions (Wells, Albert Pujols, Hamilton).

Quite honestly I would love to have new ownership at this point.

I agree with you 100%.  Players come and go, success ebbs and flows, but an owner committed to winning is pricessless.  Yes, he has made some mistakes, but at least he is willing to take the risk.  I also understand why some folks want new ownership.  We live in a "faultless society" where everyone is successful regardless of the risk.  Pu**ies are afraid of failure and are often the a**holes on the side being the most vocal with "I told you so."

"People say, 'Oh, you can't be happy,''' Moreno says. "You kidding? This is a dream. The value of the team has substantially grown. We've got no debt. We play in a great area. I love our fans.

USA Today 6/24/13

This shows where his priorities really lie.  Value of the team > Presence of debt > SoCa > Fans

No mention of winning.

Shocked you're still of this opinion.   I would find a few others I'd rather have owning the team.

"People say, 'Oh, you can't be happy,''' Moreno says. "You kidding? This is a dream. The value of the team has substantially grown. We've got no debt. We play in a great area. I love our fans.

USA Today 6/24/13

This shows where his priorities really lie.  Value of the team > Presence of debt > SoCa > Fans

No mention of winning.

How convenient that you left out the end of his quote:

"And we've been one of the most winningest franchises in baseball the last 10 years. The thing about this game is that when things are going good, it's great. And when it's bad, it's terrible."

So he's happy being an owner, but the entire article talks about Moreno's frustrations with this season. He isn't happy about this season.