• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is anyone worried....

with Trout being back in the Tri state area, in Yankee stadium, back with family/friends in the area, etc? 

All this stuff doesn't factor with somebody when free agency rolls around, right? 

I'm sure management will come to something long term with Trout before free agency is even an option, at least I hope so.

mike-trout-yankees-jersey.jpg

This isn't the stuff I'd like to see.

Lol, apparently the Yankees radio crew(Jon Sterling) were talking today about how Trout hates LA and wants to play back east when he's a FA. Said they were told that Trout is upset over the weak raise the Halos gave him and is not happy here. Said he wants to play over in the East since he's from there

Of course, they went on to say that the Yankees must be kicking themselves for passing on Trout in the draft. Yankees didn't pick until AFTER Trout was picked, so there you go

Yeah, in 2017 the Orioles, Phillies, Yankees, Mets, and maybe Red Sox may all seem appealing to Trout. He's an east coast boy, so its understandable. That's why we have to offer him a major contract before that point. If he can walk away from $150-$200 million before 2017, then more power to him.

I'm sure there is some hyperbole in the OP, but if anyone is actually worried about something that might happen four years from now, I feel bad for them.

It was.  I'm not losing sleep over it, just some food for thought and discussion fodder other than "Scioscia sucks, Fire Dipoto"

Well if this organization doesn't improve from the bottom up and start putting better teams on the field, why wouldn't he test his options? People are underrating how bad that Pujols deal is, and the Hamilton deal.

Yep its not always about money. He could sign for less $$$ with the Yankees and crush all of the endorsement opportunities in NY's big market. I'm sure he gets goose bumps when he sees Monument Park. #27 is not a retired Yankees number. I hope that our Angels can step it up and build a team that Trout would want to stay with.