• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is anyone worried....

He's tired of being called fat and wants to wear slimming pinstripes.   

But in all seriousness, yes it worries me that both the Yanks and Orioles are putting out the welcome mat.

I'm going to make a bold prediction:

Mike Trout will not leave the west coast  B)

He will sign with the Dodgers  :(

this organization will most likely not even offer him a long term deal, and will let him walk in 2018 for nothing.  Have we even  heard anything about trying to sign trout to a long term deal?   No.   If it doesn't happen this offseason, its not happening.

This FO has their head so far up their own @ss, there's no way they won't bungle this.  Mike trout will make a huge name for himself after he signs with the yankees

this organization will most likely not even offer him a long term deal, and will let him walk in 2018 for nothing.  Have we even  heard anything about trying to sign trout to a long term deal?   No.   If it doesn't happen this offseason, its not happening.

This FO has their head so far up their own @ss, there's no way they won't bungle this.  Mike trout will make a huge name for himself after he signs with the yankees

Weaver says hello

The dream of perhaps every 22yr old phenom:  Pujols and Hamilton guaranteed to return every year into the foreseeable future, Scioscia bringing his stoic, turn-the-page approach, a team that would be cellar dwellers were it not for the addition of the really awful team in Texas, and a farm system nearly devoid of young prospects in his age group.  

I call on all sports fans to pity the Halos in this situation.

After all, no other teams would want the "burden" of having to think about the possibility of a relatively cheap, team-controlled phenom possibly signing elsewhere half a decade from now.

The horror!

That's why the Angels will keep him happy with a 3 year $75M "you better fix this team or I'm outta here deal with a forfeited arbitration clause. He can then see which direction this team is headed before he commits longterm.

That's why the Angels will keep him happy with a 3 year $75M "you better fix this team or I'm outta here deal with a forfeited arbitration clause. He can then see which direction this team is headed before he commits longterm.

No way would I do that if I were the Angels.  I'd try to lock him up long term, and if he doesn't want to be an Angel, at least we'll know.

3 years $75 million is patently absurd.

He'll get that kind of money for sure eventually, but the day those kinds of contracts go out to guys with barely over 2 years of MLB service will be a very sad day for any real sports fan.

The Rangers paid $51.7M just to negotiate with Yu Darvish and he had never pitched in the MLB before. Trout is already a proven MLB player. 3 years $75M is chump change to keep him happy while you address the rest of the team.

Am I worried about this?  Nope

I will certainly be bummed if they don't lock him up but it take two to tango.  If Trout wants to test FAcy and move closer to where he is from then there is nothing you can do about that.  It's his right and him going elsewhere may be out of the Halos control. 

The halos can only try to optimize their position which entails doing a few things

1.  Pay the kid more than the minimum raise.  Although they are under no obligation to do so, don't take the chance of creating anything that can erode the relationship. 

2.  Try to do it sooner than later.  Although they have a few years to make it happen, don't wait.  The further along this gets, the less likely it gets done

3.  Win.  The team has to put together a winning team or at least one that is highly competitive.  If I am Trout, I wouldn't sign a deal right now unless I'm blown away.  This franchise is showing indicators of getting worse as opposed to getting better.  Doesn't mean it has to continue, but I think getting this franchise back on track next year will do wonders. 

Am I worried about Trout being in the Tri state area on how it will effect him as a free agent when?????  Four F'n years from now?

Really some people need to get a life.  All these threads about Trout when he may leave FA is really disturbing.  I have said this over and over again.  I don't think Trout will reach FA for another ten years.  I believe the Angels have enough sense to offer him a "can't refuse" contract this fall.  If they don't, if the Angels are so stupid not to offer him a "can't refuse" extension this fall than they should lose Trout to FA.

BTW Trout was raised in south jersey!  A good two hours away from NY.  I was a phillies fan not a yankee fan!

Stupid for posing a hypothetical question about a guy who was just honored at his local high school and played at Yankee Stadium in front of family and friends?

That's cold, Steve.

YES STUPID for posing a hypothetical scenario (for god knows how many times its been discussed on this board) on what is going to happen four years from now.

YES STUPID!

Uhm $200M won't get it done.

Since he is only guaranteed 500 K next year?

Will probably only get about 8 million the year next!

Very well could get 16 million the following year!

and yes, maybe 18 million year four!

Yes, yes 200 million will get it done!  In fact, considering injuries is always a possibility Trout would be stupid to turn it down.  He will not get another offer for 200 million for another four years, and unlike fans on this board, Trout will know a lot can happen in four years!

If the Angels FO have their head up the @ss not to extend Trout to a long term deal than the Angels deserve to play against  him.  Being the optimist that I am I think they will.