• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is anyone worried....

We have to stop using Weaver as a comparison. Weaver wanted to stay home and admitted that he left a lot of money on the table. This is not Trout's hometown or even his team, its Albert's team and Trout won't leave any money on the table.

You mean we have to stop using Weaver because he doesn't fit your narrative.  Regardless, neither of us have any idea what Trout will do.  None.

Trout will win his arbitration case and he will get the minimal adjusted raise that he has earned and we can start this thread all over again next year. That's all the Angels are obligated to do at this point.

Unless I am mistaken, Trout will not win his arbitration case because he isn't arbitration eligible until the following year.

That is why it is important for the Angels to make their offer this year.  Before he hits arbitration where he will be rewarded with millions.

Let me introduce you to a fella named just about everyone else who's played major league baseball

So your saying injuries like Kendrys Morales doesn't happen.  It only happened to him.  OK

I am willing to bet I can name 100 people who have suffered injuries that effected their performance on the field.  So are you really suggesting the prospect of injury isn't real?

I think 5yrs/90-100M will get it done in the off season. That will buyout 3 arbitration years plus one additional year. This works out for both the team and Trout. I thing any longer would be unwise for the team.  I don't believe he'll get more than $60M total through three years of arbitration.

Of course you can always workout a extension down the road a bit.

Why would you only want to tire up Trout for one more extra year?  Personally, i want to make to tie up Trout an another 5 years!

So your saying injuries like Kendrys Morales doesn't happen. It only happened to him. OK

I am willing to bet I can name 100 people who have suffered injuries that effected their performance on the field. So are you really suggesting the prospect of injury isn't real?

When did you murder english cop?

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Injuries never happen.

Of course injuries can happen. He can also get struck by lightning. History would suggest the chances of him suffering a career threatening injury happening are microscopic. But sure, list me 100 players who had injuries like morales. I'll then list you everyone who didn't

I think 5yrs/90-100M will get it done in the off season. That will buyout 3 arbitration years plus one additional year. This works out for both the team and Trout. I thing any longer would be unwise for the team.  I don't believe he'll get more than $60M total through three years of arbitration.

Of course you can always workout a extension down the road a bit.

IMO, $3 million, $10 million, $14 million, $18 million for the club control years.  Last year may get to $20.  That's just how arbitration years work.  If you (not you, but anyone) think those numbers are too low, you should really try some research on arbitration years.  

So I think they will try for 6 years with $25 million and $30 million for the two FA years.  Total of $100 million.  Gives him secuity, but also puts him at 28 where he could go for a 10/$200-300 contract.  

There are three factors Trout will take into consideration come FA time

1) Money. 98% of us will take the highest paying job if given two offers (Weaver being the 2%). Trout fits into the 98%.

2) Winning. He will want to play for a winning franchise.

3) Location. Trout will want to play in an area he enjoys on and off season.

Of those factors I think we only control #2. I don't think we would be able to offer more than the Yankees would. Location is probably already determined. Southern California is a great place but it's not home for Trout. He is an East Coast guy but it's possible  he could come to love the west coast more. I don't think so because family is not here.He needs to find a socal hottie and get married  to help his location decision but Jeter probably already gave him that advice (just say no).

with Trout being back in the Tri state area, in Yankee stadium, back with family/friends in the area, etc? 

All this stuff doesn't factor with somebody when free agency rolls around, right? 

I'm sure management will come to something long term with Trout before free agency is even an option, at least I hope so.

mike-trout-yankees-jersey.jpg

This isn't the stuff I'd like to see.

Why did Carl Weathers give Trout a Yankees jersey?

I just sent an email to the front office stating how dissatisfied I am.  Probably will not hear back but at least I got some things off of my chest.  Arte better now that the fans are pissed and won't put up with another season like this.

I'm sure that they will send you a complimentary 2014 Angels schedule.

Some of you way overstate the role that money factors into things. Most people - athletes included - are not motivated solely by money. Look no further than this team for proof of that. Weaver, Kendrick, Aybar, Pujols, Wilson, and Ianetta all signed deals that were either less than they were being offered elsewhere, or below-market.

Some of you way overstate the role that money factors into things. Most people - athletes included - are not motivated solely by money. Look no further than this team for proof of that. Weaver, Kendrick, Aybar, Pujols, Wilson, and Ianetta all signed deals that were either less than they were being offered elsewhere, or below-market.

Then we shouldn't have any problems trading any of them away with the other team taking their entire contract?

... He is an East Coast guy but it's possible  he could come to love the west coast more. I don't think so because family is not here.He needs to find a socal hottie and get married  to help his location decision but Jeter probably already gave him that advice (just say no).

Even if he gains emotional attachments to the west Coast, there's nothing preventing Magic Johnson and the Blue-uniformed folks up the I5 from offering him a blank check.

I just sent an email to the front office stating how dissatisfied I am. Probably will not hear back but at least I got some things off of my chest. Arte better now that the fans are pissed and won't put up with another season like this.

Did they offer a complimentary seat upgrade for when Mike Trout and the New York Yankees first travel to the Big A in 2018?

There are two things that must happen so that Trout will stay with the Angels.

1.  When it is time to offer the money for the big contract, they need to do so.  Arte has proven with Pujols and Hamilton that he is more than willing to pay the $$$.  When it comes time to offer Trout that contract, Arte will have no problem spending the $$$ it will take to keep him here.

2.  This team has to turn it around.  I'm not saying they need to win it all every year, but they need to be a playoff contender every year.  Trout knows that whoever signs him will be giving him a huge contract, the question will be which team gives him the best shot at WS ring?

The Angels need to start working on #2 this offseason.

Why is a 22 year old worried about getting a ring?  All I am saying is that no one knows how the Angels will be playing in 2018.  For anyone who tries to make up stories that Trout is going to the Yankees is stupid.

It's a concern. I don't think anyone is freaking out about it now, but this team is terrible, we have no minor league system at all, and Trout seems like a guy who wants to win and is from the East Coast. All people are saying is that this team needs to show serious improvements in decision making for there to be a reason for Trout to stay. With Arte, Dipoto, and Scioscia here, I'm really not optimistic it's going to improve.