• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

I'm sure all 30 teams would love to deal with this PR nightmare.  No distractions here. None what-so-ever.

The dude can probably still get MLB outs.  Maybe he deserves a shot with a team; however, the reality is that it doesn't look likely.  I mean, if it hasn't happened by now... even with all the injuries this season, well....

Maybe he can have his own reality TV show with the entire cast of characters.  I mean, lots of people like watching train wrecks.

9 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I'm sure all 30 teams would love to deal with this PR nightmare.  No distractions here. None what-so-ever.

The dude can probably still get MLB outs.  Maybe he deserves a shot with a team; however, the reality is that it doesn't look likely.  I mean, if it hasn't happened by now... even with all the injuries this season, well....

Maybe he can have his own reality TV show with the entire cast of characters.  I mean, lots of people like watching train wrecks.

E-pay likes the odds on this... +/- = +350

Bauer revealed in an interview with the Nihon Keizai Shimbun (Japan Economics Newspaper) that he had received offers from multiple NPB teams. He is scheduled to pitch 5 games in Mexico until early May. If no MLB team wants to acquire him, there is a possibility that he will return to Japan.

Source in Japanese: the Nihon Keizai Shimbun on April 16, 2024

3 minutes ago, katie said:

Bring back Stassi, Kristen, and Jax 

My wife has been watching The Valley, which has Kristin, Jax, and Brittany. 

She says it's funny and sad to see Brittany talking about having another kid knowing IRL she's about to file for divorce.

I heard that Stassi said in a podcast she'll never go back to reality TV.

3 hours ago, FromJapan said:

Bauer revealed in an interview with the Nihon Keizai Shimbun (Japan Economics Newspaper) that he had received offers from multiple NPB teams. He is scheduled to pitch 5 games in Mexico until early May. If no MLB team wants to acquire him, there is a possibility that he will return to Japan.

Source in Japanese: the Nihon Keizai Shimbun on April 16, 2024

At this point he might as well.  Pitch a few years over there, make as much as he can and return to the US and retire with a decent nest egg.  It really doesn’t look like we will even see if he can still be successful in the MLB.  

At worst his will be a cautionary tale for young, dumb, arrogant players to be careful about who you keep company with. 

Its plain as day that He is being given the Kapernick treatment. It doesnt matter he didnt break the law or the rules. Its been decided by the people in charge that he is a no sign no way and if your team does concider yourself blackballed from future trades and league incintives ect ect. Dude didnt do anything wrong other then be a freaky arrogant non remorsefull prick. Last I checked this is America and that isnt against any laws but dont make you a well liked person. Still say the Angels should sign him. Baseball already dont like Arte much anyways in my opinion. 

Would anyone be surprised if he filed a lawsuit against baseball for conspiring against him he seem to like lawsuits ? 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think the fact he hasn’t filed a lawsuit means there’s more to the story that he doesn’t want to come out. 

Yeah none of it is a good look for him. Maybe he didn't want to burn his last bridge back to MLB but that didn't work out either.

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think the fact he hasn’t filed a lawsuit means there’s more to the story that he doesn’t want to come out. 

I've said multiple times before that the MLB investigation probably showed a pattern of behavior that, while not rising to the level of criminal activity in any one instance, makes teams not want to take the risk of signing him.  

I would like to see a lawsuit filed by Bauer against MLB.  At least it would suss this all out.

Maybe. . .
a). we find out some additional specific stuff about Bauer that justifies him being basically blackballed.

Or. . .

b). maybe we find out that, regardless of him being set up and extorted, MLB just doesn’t feel like dealing with the PR project that would go along with having him sign with a team.  Which you can at least understand but then you gotta settle up with guy.  If this is the case, he shouldn’t be tossed aside out of PR convenience to MLB.

With either outcome, at least it would be resolved.

28 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I would like to see a lawsuit filed by Bauer against MLB.  At least it would suss this all out.

Maybe. . .
a). we find out some additional specific stuff about Bauer that justifies him being basically blackballed.

Or. . .

b). maybe we find out that, regardless of him being set up and extorted, MLB just doesn’t feel like dealing with the PR project that would go along with having him sign with a team.  Which you can at least understand but then you gotta settle up with guy.  If this is the case, he shouldn’t be tossed aside out of PR convenience to MLB.

We'll make sure your request gets to Bauer personally.

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

My wife has been watching The Valley, which has Kristin, Jax, and Brittany. 

She says it's funny and sad to see Brittany talking about having another kid knowing IRL she's about to file for divorce.

I heard that Stassi said in a podcast she'll never go back to reality TV.

"My wife has been watching..."

Sure buddy.

Ha Gay GIF Ha Gay Kenjeong Discover Share GIFs, 55% OFF

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Maybe. . .

Or. . .

Serious question (and @cals may know better): would the league need to settle with Bauer? As far as I understand it, MLB and its clubs are private employers. They don’t have to employ anyone just because he can throw or hit a baseball well.

7 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Serious question (and @cals may know better): would the league need to settle with Bauer? As far as I understand it, MLB and its clubs are private employers. They don’t have to employ anyone just because he can throw or hit a baseball well.

Include @wopphil in this question since cals might be a tad biased on this subject.

1 hour ago, Jeremiah said:

The league wouldn't "need"/have to settle with Bauer unless they a) thought that they might be found to have colluded in some fashion, or b) they decide to just to get things over with if he did file a complaint against them.

Generally speaking, though, it's unlikely they'll do anything official unless they're forced to. Teams are free to sign him if they choose to. As you said, though, for whatever reason(s), individual teams are choosing not to, and that's their prerogative. 

If he really felt he had a leg to stand on against MLB as an institution or against any individual team or group of teams, though, seems like he would have already done something. He's tried everything else, including essentially begging for a job. 

Edited by jsnpritchett

My assumption is he hasn’t sued MLB because he’s still hoping to get a job in MLB.  Ultimately he may sue them.  

I don’t do labor law, but his status as being a union member and also the antitrust exemption may ultimately play a role here.  But maybe not, I’m just kind of spitballing.