• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, ScottT said:

He's a pitcher that can help 30 MLB teams.  That's not debatable.

...yet they're not signing him, which tells you that there are other factors that outweigh what teams think he can contribute on the field. Call it cancel culture if you want, but you cannot force a team to sign a player. Period. 

But you can't tell me he wouldn't help every team.  People are gonna boycott?    What about  Ozuna?  Draymond Green?   Ruben Patterson?  Adrian Peterson?  Michael Vick?   Ray Lewis?   Floyd Mayweather?

Kobe?

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

But you can't tell me he wouldn't help every team.  People are gonna boycott?    What about  Ozuna?  Draymond Green?   Ruben Patterson?  Adrian Peterson?  Michael Vick?   Ray Lewis?   Floyd Mayweather?

Kobe?

What about them? They did bad things, some went through legal punishment/restitution for their misdeeds, and teams/organizations ultimately felt it was worth bringing them back. Clearly, teams don't want Bauer back for whatever reason, even if it's just that they think he's a jackass and they don't feel like dealing with him. 

Some NFL teams probably could have benefited from having Kaepernick on their rosters. Were you crusading for him? Some MLB teams could probably benefit from having Brandon Belt (who as far as I know, hasn't been accused of anything). Are you crusading for him? Sometimes teams just don't wanna sign a guy. They don't owe anyone an explanation as to why. 

30 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Kappernuts was never signed because he never wanted to sign. He knew his talent had deteriorated and he was no better than a backup qb. Race baiting and playing the victim card paid him way better than his nfl talent would have. A straight white man isn’t going to get many second chances in today’s society. 

Who let you out of the Spin Forum? Back to your cage.

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

...yet they're not signing him, which tells you that there are other factors that outweigh what teams think he can contribute on the field. Call it cancel culture if you want, but you cannot force a team to sign a player. Period. 

It tells me the commissioner is involved and has forbade any of the franchises to hire Bauer. 

9 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Isn’t it just as believable that the commissioner’s office has somewhat made it perfectly clear to the teams that it will be very “frowned upon” if they sign him?  It would be pretty believable to me that Bauer really, really pissed off the commissioner somehow along the way and the commissioner (human) has a serious personal grudge.

Then the individual clubs analysis is comparing how much he will help their pitching staff versus the impact of their signing decision has on that club’s relationship with the commissioner’s office.

I am not saying this IS the case.  We don’t know.  Just saying if we are going ask what is hard to believe and what is not hard to believe. . .  Then it isn’t hard to believe the commissioner has made his wishes clear and teams are staying in line.

32 minutes ago, Taylor said:

*not offended by Trevor Bauer beating up women

*offended by network TV animated sitcom clip

You can call something disgusting and not find humor in it and not actually be offended. 

Strange culture we live in where people love to say "triggered" just due to a response that was counter theirs. 

You find it funny, I don't. It can just be that simple.

You also have failed to connect that clip to what the discussion is here.

Who did Bauer beat up? 

10 minutes ago, James said:

You can call something disgusting and not find humor in it and not actually be offended. 

Strange culture we live in where people love to say "triggered" just due to a response that was counter theirs. 

Who did Bauer beat up? 

he’s a troll, don’t bother. You won’t get serious responses.

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You forget to tell him this is a Wendy’s.  You are off your game.

I reserve that quip for Blarg now. You'd be surprised by the number of hamburger-related rants he's posted recently.

33 minutes ago, James said:

Who did Bauer beat up? 

Bauer beat up what's her name. The controversy was whether it was consensual or not.

The tone and cadence of this thread isn't very serious. This is AngelsWin, not CSPAN.

12 hours ago, ScottT said:

Kobe?

Those guys are/were all black.