• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

23 minutes ago, mmc said:

Why is it so hard for people to just accept that teams don’t want to sign him and move on?

after watching sandoval pitch yesterday and assume the role of our #1 pitcher, i think the bauer discussion is a bit more worthwhile.

1 minute ago, cals said:

Because shit like this could happen to anyone.  Even us here.  Well probably not you.

Bad shit indeed happens to everyone, that’s why I don’t have any reason to emotionally express my sympathy on the internet for this individual in particular

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

Bad shit indeed happens to everyone, that’s why I don’t have any reason to emotionally express my sympathy on the internet for this individual in particular

I guess we’re all just better people than you.  

3 minutes ago, cals said:

I guess we’re all just better people than you.  

Maybe.  Hopefully for the sake of your effort Bauer thinks so at least.  I mean I myself if I saw a bunch of grown men who didn’t know me emotionally expressing how sorry they felt that I was dealing with the consequences of my own actions for over a year, I would question whether or not they were homosexual.  But maybe Bauer finds this touching

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

after watching sandoval pitch yesterday and assume the role of our #1 pitcher, i think the bauer discussion is a bit more worthwhile.

Not only are there other vets out there if we think we need to add one to the rotation, but the team isn’t trying to win this year so all he would do is take the place of someone who might contribute to our future 

17 minutes ago, mmc said:

Maybe.  Hopefully for the sake of your effort Bauer thinks so at least.  I mean I myself if I saw a bunch of grown men who didn’t know me emotionally expressing how sorry they felt that I was dealing with the consequences of my own actions for over a year, I would question whether or not they were homosexual.  But maybe Bauer finds this touching

So reported.

7 hours ago, Chuck said:

We did a poll of everyone at my party yesterday and it was unanimous to sign Trevor Bauer. 

Wouldn't expect anything less. 

22 minutes ago, mmc said:

I would question whether or not they were homosexual. 

You got some kind of problem with that? 

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Not only are there other vets out there if we think we need to add one to the rotation, but the team isn’t trying to win this year so all he would do is take the place of someone who might contribute to our future 

not expecting them to win this year so i would look at a modest multi-year contract, maybe 3 years for bauer. financially, he's also dirt cheap right now. he also has #1 starter stuff. we need that.

who do you have your eye on?

11 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I bet he gets picked up before the end of the season. If your a team is one Bauer away from a run in the playoffs you’ll snag him.

If that doesn’t happen I’ll fully believe that there is a case of owner collusion. 

He would have been picked up at the trade deadline last season had there not been collusion by owners and the commissioner. Nothing has changed, he is blacklisted by Tailgunner Manfred. 

36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He would have been picked up at the trade deadline last season had there not been collusion by owners and the commissioner. Nothing has changed, he is blacklisted by Tailgunner Manfred. 

What size is your tinfoil hat?

If the Angels really wanted to win but say FU to CNN/MSNBC/Soros, they’d sign Bauer and also the glasses wearing Dodger that looks like he has Downs that “allegedly” punched his wife.  Again, no charges and dude can pitch.

Morono only cares about not upsetting the basic wives that don’t even pay attention at games and their stupid kids.

Sell the team Morono.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

not expecting them to win this year so i would look at a modest multi-year contract, maybe 3 years for bauer. financially, he's also dirt cheap right now. he also has #1 starter stuff. we need that.

who do you have your eye on?

I mean I’m not really interested in adding to this team, I said before my biggest gripe with the offseason was that we didn’t sell off the current roster.  But if we have to make an external addition to the rotation for whatever reason I’m signing Clevinger before Bauer without question 

2 hours ago, Tank said:

i'd take him over sandoval without any hesitation.

I just don’t see how that fits with taking stock of what the team has with their pitching prospects this year. He’s a distraction more so than a benefit for the development of the core of this team. In this division, what does that get the team now? So, 35-36, and an absolute clown, he’s going to be this great pitcher and mentor to the youngsters? I just don’t see upside to the organization as a whole.

I would sign Bauer & Clevinger both just so I wouldn't be tempted to rush Caden Dana or anyone else... Then deal them at the deadline if need be! Or, release Bauer if he becomes an issue. The rotation currently constructed outside of Silseth & maybe Detmers is going to toast that 30M investment in the pen! 

• 3 weeks later...

Bauer asks, at what point does he get to go back to work and make a living? I guess he needs to read up on the McCarthy era and blacklisting in the entertainment industry. As long as there is support for unsubstantiated claims, ignoring legal rights of the accused, Bauer isn't getting back on a MLB field until an Old Timers game.